What's new

engine question

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
If it starts to give you problems again I'd bet on the battery cable. Otherwise I agree with the charged up its running fine theory. I had a cam sensor issue which turned out to be the guides for the timing chains and I'm waiting for my truck now. However I'm at 239k. But if it's the cam or anything associated that light will of course come back after you reset it. Very possible the sensor was damaged with the voltage drop anything electronic can fail with voltage drop or surge.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Should be cheap no? I know my crankshaft/speed sensor went bad on my 2011 S4 and I replaced it myself and the part was $50. Then I sold it and got the new toy.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
My light came back on after about 5 miles. I think I have to have it scanned. I'm thinking a cat failure or a cam sensor. I know the cam sensor is a common issue.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Should be cheap no? I know my crankshaft/speed sensor went bad on my 2011 S4 and I replaced it myself and the part was $50. Then I sold it and got the new toy.
The one that the code said is 90 bucks. That is groceries for the week. I really hope it does not come down to that.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Ask to borrow the code reader. Usually they will lend it for your drivers license or a credit card. Super easy to plug and play and clear the error yourself. Once you clear it you should be fine while it resets for the x amount of miles. If it pops up again...you will have to replace the sensor. You have a little time to change it so save the $90 just in case.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
With the battery terminal bad it could have cause a glitch in the computer and cause the check engine ligt, I would do a relearn on the computer itself. Unplug the battery and disconnect the computer terminals on the firewall for 20 mins and then plug back in. Computer first and then the battery, that should clear your code if it was just a glitch with the computer.