What's new

EP Carrillo Maduro

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Additional photography, check cigarphoto.net

This week we are reviewing one of the latest projects released by the mastermind Ernesto Perez Carrillo – EP Carrillo Maduro. Roughly a month ago, I have received a sampler pack from Ernesto Perez Carrillo III which included line extension, core line, and three sizes of Maduro. I have smoked Club 52 (toro) Maduro couple weeks ago and selected Encantos (robusto) for this review.

Visually, this cigar is a winner, full stop. Undetectable veins / seams and extremely well applied cap. The EP Carrillo Maduro looks like an artistic painting with brown / red paint mixed and splattered over the wrapper. Very appealing. Delicate, yet slightly toothy, to the touch. After clipping and lighting, I was introduced to a perfect draw and great amount of smoke. In flavor department, accolades continue. Detectable sweetness, nuttiness, and darker chocolate toward the end of the smoke. Very small amount of spice throughout the experience, even on the retrohale. The EP Carrillo Maduro burned like a champ. Fairly straight burn line and no touch ups in both samples, can’t ask for more. Dark grey ash fell of twice so definitely a ‘long-ash’ contender.

In conclusion, Ernesto Perez Carrillo has managed to release another successful, and box worthy project. Although EP Carrillo Maduro is a departure from overly spicy bombs that are released to the masses nowadays, one will surely appreciate the sweetness and accompanying flavors. Personally, I found Club 52 (toro) more enjoyable flavor-wise than Encantos (robusto) but both vitolas will provide an enjoyable experience.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Mighty fine review. The pics are awesome and I love how you shoot the last one.

I need to find out if my local got these in for it looks and sounds like something I'd like.

Thanks for sharing.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks all. Feedback greatly appreciated. Glad you enjoyed photographs.

I pre-ordered a box from Jack Schwarts some time back. Just hit the doorstep today. Looking forward to burning one tonight.
Which size did you get ? Did you smoke them right off the track or still resting ? I'm curious how regular production is performing.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Nice photos and review. Mr. Carrillo sure knows what he's doing. I haven't smoked something from him that I didn't like.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I smoked one on Monday night this week...it was so enjoyable that I had one lastnight (Tuesday) as well. Very well constructed and enjoyable smoke. Your review was spot on!

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
These cigars are vastly unappreciated, or somehow unpopular to the public. This is very very, very good cigar. Great flavors, not too complex, just an excellent high mid-value maduro.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
These cigars are vastly unappreciated, or somehow unpopular to the public. This is very very, very good cigar. Great flavors, not too complex, just an excellent high mid-value maduro.
I agree with this completely. After I smoked the Tatuaje TAA, I spoke about how I seem to be comparing all Non Cuban sticks to Carrillo's stuff (especially the maddie core line). This cigar could sell for $10+ a stick (I am glad they don't though).