What's new

EPC Can Do No Wrong...

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I'm smoking a Short Run 2012 Invictos (thanks Vitty!) and it is fantastic. I don't think I have come across another line where I really enjoy every single release. I swear, EPC can indeed do no wrong!

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
From my experience the Short Runs need about a year in the humi to become great. The 2010's are smoking like a dream right now and the 11's are pretty good as well. The 2012 I smoked last week was good but still a little rough around the edges.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
From my experience the Short Runs need about a year in the humi to become great. The 2010's are smoking like a dream right now and the 11's are pretty good as well. The 2012 I smoked last week was good but still a little rough around the edges.
That's funny you mentioned the other 2 releases because I smoked an '11, then a '10 just this week. The 2010s are fantastic right now.

Craig mentioned it in another post and its been my experience as well, but his New Wave Connecticut is not very good fresh, and I think that applies to his 2012 Short Runs. They come off a little bitter from the start. I think with even just a few months of aging, they will be good to go.

Regards,
Randy

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I think EPC is rapidly becoming my favorite NC. I've pretty much enjoyed everything he's released. I still enjoy the EI 2009, although some people feel it has faded.

Got some 2012 SR coming in this week and not sure if I can wait my usual 2 weeks (or usually longer) period to smoke these. I was already planning on smoking one ROTT, but this thread had me waffling like crazy.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I agree, great cigars. But, all I think when I see him in his ad is, "One of the coneheads escaped from SNL!"
Not the same in person. He's a pretty cool guy. Most epc stuff doesn't fit my taste profile but Elencos Maduro is excellent.

Rating - 98.6%
98   1   0
I'm with a lot of the other guys here. I love most of his smokes, especially when you take price point into consideration. I have smoked a handful of the SR 2012s so far, and while theyre quite good now, I agree that they still taste pretty fresh and young. Much like the NWCs, if you're patient and can let your sticks mellow and age for a couple months at least, I've been rewarded with some great sticks.

When in doubt, smoke
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Agree 100% with this. Had the '10 and the '11 and they're really good. Had a '12 the other day and it was good but I felt less than impressed with it compared to the previous years. But I think there's some real potential in it with some age. Felt like with the underlying maduro flavors it was a muddled mess than should marry very well with some age.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Smoked a 2012 today. It was just ok. Letting them sit might be the ticket. And I really don't look at EPC in their photos. His daughter on the other hand.....:halfgrinw

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
For some reason this the one major brand I have not tried yet, they just arent stocked here in stores as much for some reason. I think I have one in the bottom of my humidor, I should dig that out this weekend and see what all the hype is about.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
For some reason this the one major brand I have not tried yet, they just arent stocked here in stores as much for some reason. I think I have one in the bottom of my humidor, I should dig that out this weekend and see what all the hype is about.

You need to get after this. The EP Carrillo Elencos and core line maduros are some of my favorite sticks.

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Your post got me to try my first. Sorry to say i found it to be just okay. It isn't a cigar that says "stock up". I found it to be too mild and one dimensional.

I guess that is why there are so many cigars out there so we can all find something that wows us.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i was the same way. then i was thoroughly introduced to the brand last weekend in NH! i'm hooked!! thanks bros!!

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Smoked a 2012 today. It was just ok. Letting them sit might be the ticket. And I really don't look at EPC in their photos. His daughter on the other hand.....:halfgrinw
Heh, careful, Liss is an attorney. Always gotta watch out for the cute lawyers!