What's new

Eric Nording Signature Pipes

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Where you going to buy it?

Man - there are so many tobacco's I want. I need!! I want some of that Frog too. AND Peter Heinrich's Dark Strong Flake. Arg!

Just made the purchase at Pipesandcigars.com - $123.00 later. I got the Nording Signature pipe and also the sampler of the frog Morton line blends plus some more of those pipe bit tips. I won't get any pipe without one of them now. I wish I knew it before I bit down on my Savinelli because I left teeth marks on the stem now because I had too hard of a bite.

C'monnnnnn you just know you want to buy some to sample!!!!!! :angelic::angelic::angelic:

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've had my signature for just over a year now and I love it! I enjoy how it smokes and I personally like how it colors over time. Gives it attitude and personality. View attachment 60307
I love mine.

I think the fact that the wood gains character as you use it is one of its great selling points.

Thank you both for the input!!!!! I just went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought myself one of the signature pipes. Reading reviews, watching youtube video reviews and everything, just seems like I won't be disappointed with this pipe. Another one to break in but it's just a great thing to see the pictures and the way it ages. I'll say it definitely will be a unique one to my collection. Now I'll need another pipe rack.....UGHHHHHH.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Not a bad idea for a rack!!! I was thinking about trying to make one myself. But I'm not that crafty.

And as for the pipe, yes I plan on taking pics. What I'd really like to do is compare it every smoke I put through it. But that might be a little too much??? Or maybe do it after every say 5 bowls I put through it??? Summer's coming and my big butt will be parked in the back yard with a gar or pipe or hell...both. And most likely a drink in hand.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
View attachment 60311

kinda what they'll look like in action...

if you burn it in regular rotation even, i would still only take monthly pix. watched pot and all that...
That is a great looking setup you have!!! Summer months I'll be smoking like a chimney. It's rough with the local B&M for pipes because they want you to buy their pipe baccy to smoke there. I want to run through my samplers here at home and now my frog Morton line coming my way. Might just have to smoke more.

Every month seems fair enough for pictures on the progress of the color. I have a fancy high tech DSLR (digital single lens reflex for the folks who didn't know what it means) camera I can use and photograph it. Hmmmmm.....maybe pipe photography will be my thing next.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knowing your getting @SeaGarr 's addy can be dangerous. If I get a hold of it, he's in trouble!!!! Mwahaha. The mailman won't know what's coming his way!!
Send me your addy. I have a couple frog Morton blends I can sample for ya. I personally love them
Man - you guys are the best! And thanks for the offer... but my addy's a state secret at this point :).

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Man - you guys are the best! And thanks for the offer... but my addy's a state secret at this point :).
Don't you worry, I'll get it at some point in your trading endevours. Then it's on! Just be glad we don't live in the same town and state. I'd come do a drive by and throw baccy tins and 'gars all over your lawn or leave them on your car! LOL.

I can't wait to try the Frog Morton blends...then again I have 4 tins here I have to try out too. Might need to take a trip to the local B&M tonight and bring my pipes along for the ride.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL!! Here is what I have going on tobacco wise. I bought some glass that seemingly fits my cabinet perfectly.

They stack three deep and 4 across. I could stack them 5 across, but doing it this way gives me access to every container without issue.

Here is what I have in terms of actual tobacco so far:

I haven't even tried them all lol!! For some reason however, I keep going back to the Sillem's Black and the Mississippi Mud. Very cool burning tobacco's. The Mud being both cool and dry!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
LOL!! Here is what I have going on tobacco wise. I bought some glass that seemingly fits my cabinet perfectly.

They stack three deep and 4 across. I could stack them 5 across, but doing it this way gives me access to every container without issue.

Here is what I have in terms of actual tobacco so far:

I haven't even tried them all lol!! For some reason however, I keep going back to the Sillem's Black and the Mississippi Mud. Very cool burning tobacco's. The Mud being both cool and dry!
That's not enough baccy you have here. Get more. And those labels are awesome, I'll be that guy to ask you how you got them like that and where did you get those jars???? I was going to hit up Wally's World (aka Wal-Mart) sometime today and get some mason jars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well first - Wally's where I live has a useless selection of glass. Seriously, if yours does too, look to a hardware store - you'll be surprised. I looked in quite a few places really, and ultimately settled with Hobby Lobby.

The little ones in front are what I tried first, not realizing that 2oz of tobacco really doesn't fit in a 2oz jar. But - they are the perfect size for Plugs so...

As I said, the larger glass I got at Hobby Lobby. They have a HUGE selection of glass. I picked these because the lids fit those little pipe tobacco humidifiers well. That and I thought they looked pretty good. Easy to take the lids off too. But again - they have quite the selection and they keep stock - so that's good.

The other reason I picked them is because they have smooth outside surfaces unlike "canning glass." Now I know I am a marketing whore and love the labels so... I wanted flat so that I could tape the labels on.

It's simple to do with the cans that come like cat food. The labels peel off, and you simply take packing tape and put it on. The round tins with the label glued on top doesn't work - so I simply take a screenshot of it from the vendor - throw it onto Word, size it, and print.

I note now that it's best to place them on the top of the glass as it gives the illusion of fullness :). That and it's easier to see for me. That is helpful as the glass I got will easily fit 4oz comfortably :).

Like I said lol - I am a packaging whore.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ok well first - Wally's where I live has a useless selection of glass. Seriously, if yours does too, look to a hardware store - you'll be surprised. I looked in quite a few places really, and ultimately settled with Hobby Lobby.

The little ones in front are what I tried first, not realizing that 2oz of tobacco really doesn't fit in a 2oz jar. But - they are the perfect size for Plugs so...

As I said, the larger glass I got at Hobby Lobby. They have a HUGE selection of glass. I picked these because the lids fit those little pipe tobacco humidifiers well. That and I thought they looked pretty good. Easy to take the lids off too. But again - they have quite the selection and they keep stock - so that's good.

The other reason I picked them is because they have smooth outside surfaces unlike "canning glass." Now I know I am a marketing whore and love the labels so... I wanted flat so that I could tape the labels on.

It's simple to do with the cans that come like cat food. The labels peel off, and you simply take packing tape and put it on. The round tins with the label glued on top doesn't work - so I simply take a screenshot of it from the vendor - throw it onto Word, size it, and print.

I note now that it's best to place them on the top of the glass as it gives the illusion of fullness :). That and it's easier to see for me. That is helpful as the glass I got will easily fit 4oz comfortably :).

Like I said lol - I am a packaging whore.
Sweeeeet!!!! Now where did you get the pipe baccy humidifiers????? I'm on the hunt for some of them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweeeeet!!!! Now where did you get the pipe baccy humidifiers????? I'm on the hunt for some of them.
Oddly enough - you can get them just about anywhere but where you are shopping lol!!

Just joking - I think they call them Tobacco Pouch Moisteners. 4noggins is where I got mine:

Not sure if you need em... but being a cigar smoker, it's always top of mind for me. That and knowing I'll be getting more tobaccos which will sit for long times...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back from the Hobby Lobby. All their glassware is on 1/2 price. I bought the last of the ones I wanted two days ago - I was hoping they would have restocked while the sale was still on lol.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I just got back from the Hobby Lobby. All their glassware is on 1/2 price. I bought the last of the ones I wanted two days ago - I was hoping they would have restocked while the sale was still on lol.
Now get some more baccy from P&C!!!! Nice to hear you scored on some more glassware. No hobby lobby here on the island....YET.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now get some more baccy from P&C!!!! Nice to hear you scored on some more glassware. No hobby lobby here on the island....YET.
No - They haven't re-stocked the style I had. Which kind of sucks. I'll wait. But paying full price after paying half will hurt lol.

More baccy is on the way brother - it's a sickness. But first I want to research the "base tobaccos." I want to get a bit of those so I can add to those blends I figure need a little more this or that lol.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
No - They haven't re-stocked the style I had. Which kind of sucks. I'll wait. But paying full price after paying half will hurt lol.

More baccy is on the way brother - it's a sickness. But first I want to research the "base tobaccos." I want to get a bit of those so I can add to those blends I figure need a little more this or that lol.
Ahhhh crap. Yeah that'll take a hurting just a little bit. And yes, it is a sickness. I think the problem with the addiction is you have to have more baccy. I've come to find that mixing an ounce of a house vanilla blend from one local B&M with another local B&M's black gold - toasted black Cavendish & vanilla adds a little more vanilla flavor to the blend and less of a tongue bite.