What's new

[Experiment] Infused cigars stored with traditional cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well while you guys continue to talk smack I will continue my experiment based on facts not theory. Who knows maybe I'll come back in a year or two and say you were correct. As it currently stands roughly 4 months into the experiment your theories remain just that.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If the parameters you have established are in fact "scientific" then your results will be interesting. My biggest concern is that you believe your ability to taste the nuanced flavors of a residual infusion is superior to the other brothers on the forum. It's kind of like calling another man's wife ugly. Just because you don't see what's special about her doesn't mean that he should agree with you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the parameters you have established are in fact "scientific" then your results will be interesting. My biggest concern is that you believe your ability to taste the nuanced flavors of a residual infusion is superior to the other brothers on the forum. It's kind of like calling another man's wife ugly. Just because you don't see what's special about her doesn't mean that he doesn't.
I never suggested that my palate was superior to anyones. I don't believe anyone who has posted here has actually said they were able to pick up flavors of a "residual infusion" either. Only one person responded to have cigars that "smell bad".

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
so,per this experiment, it is safe to say there is no noticeable transfer of aromas for some folks after a short period of time.
so,per this experiment, it is safe to say there is no noticeable transfer of aromas for some folks after a short period of time.
that's all, folks.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Should we store our plane potato chips in a different cabinet than our sour cream chips in fear that the plane may end up tasting like sour cream because the plastic bags are touching?
That's what I would do. But I like analogies, so maybe it's just me. I know I hate it when the peas touch the mashed potatoes and my mashed potatoes end up tasting like peas.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I would do. But I like analogies, so maybe it's just me. I know I hate it when the peas touch the mashed potatoes and my mashed potatoes end up tasting like peas.
That's nonsensical since if you had plastic wrap (aka cellophane) around your peas they wouldn't mix with the mashed potatoes. The whole infused cigars will ruin your stash is basically fear-mongering. Cellophane is an amazing substance and really does segregate flavors. Imho, the whole whoopla is basically barely disguised flavored cigar bashing.

How you store cigars and your thoughts on infused cigars will depend on where you stand on the issue. If you store cigars with cellophane and enjoy infused cigars this is a non-issue.

This reminds me of the big ring gauge hate. I don't get why people have to trash other people's cigar preferences. Enjoying infused cigars is not a crime and, in my opinion, it's fine to store them with regular cigars as long as they are in cello. If you don't want to take any risk just put them in a ziploc bag or two before tossing them with the rest of your stash.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
That's nonsensical since if you had plastic wrap (aka cellophane) around your peas they wouldn't mix with the mashed potatoes. The whole infused cigars will ruin your stash is basically fear-mongering. Cellophane is an amazing substance and really does segregate flavors. Imho, the whole whoopla this is basically flavored cigar bashing.

How you store cigars and your thoughts on infused cigars will depend on where you stand on the issue. If you store cigars with cellophane and enjoy infused cigars this is a non-issue.

This reminds me of the big ring gauge hate. I don't get why people have to trash other people's cigar preferences. Enjoying infused cigars is not a crime and, in my opinion, it's fine to store them with regular cigars as long as they are in cello. If you don't want to take any risk just put them in a ziploc bag or two before tossing them with the rest of your stash.
Bwahahahaha! Would you like to buy a tower humi that I can't get the acid smell out of? I'll throw in some aged padrons and punchs that have the full on Kuba Kuba aroma!

Yeah, if you like the taste and smell, then sure, fine. Do what you want. But it does mix and transfer. Cello is neither impervious nor sealed, if it were, humidity wouldn't transfer.
Facts not emotion. Y'all gonna turn me into Chuck...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here we go again!!
BTW went to a shop Saturday I hadn't visited in a while and the owner put my wife's Java mint cigars and my connies in separate bags without asking. Said "you're not going to want to mix these things in with your cigars".

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bwahahahaha! Would you like to buy a tower humi that I can't get the acid smell out of? I'll throw in some aged padrons and punchs that have the full on Kuba Kuba aroma!

Yeah, if you like the taste and smell, then sure, fine. Do what you want. But it does mix and transfer. Cello is neither impervious nor sealed, if it were, humidity wouldn't transfer.
Facts not emotion. Y'all gonna turn me into Chuck...
I'm calling bs that you have a "ruined" tower and cigars.

Its sad that you can't even bother to google "cellophane" because if you did you'd realize that it so widespread in the cigar industry because it is permeable to water vapor (humidity) but not so much to oils, grease, air, etc. It absolutely does impede the transfer of flavors and aromas from cigar to cigar while allowing the cigar to stay humidified. Its why its still used to package some foods.

"Cellophane is a thin, transparent sheet made of regenerated cellulose. Its low permeability to air, oils, greases, bacteria, and water makes it useful for food packaging...Cellophane saw limited sales in the US at first since while it was waterproof, it was not moisture proof—it held water but was permeable to water vapor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellophane

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I'm calling bs that you have a "ruined" tower and cigars.

Its sad that you can't even bother to google "cellophane" because if you did you'd realize that it so widespread in the cigar industry because it is permeable to water vapor (humidity) but not so much to oils, grease, air, etc. It absolutely does impede the transfer of flavors and aromas from cigar to cigar while allowing the cigar to stay humidified. Its why its still used to package some foods.

"Cellophane is a thin, transparent sheet made of regenerated cellulose. Its low permeability to air, oils, greases, bacteria, and water makes it useful for food packaging...Cellophane saw limited sales in the US at first since while it was waterproof, it was not moisture proof—it held water but was permeable to water vapor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellophane
Hahahahaha! Holy F dude! You really think it's permeable by water vapor, but not odors? Really!?!

You think I'm lying?

3 Months of sitting with baking soda in it, 3 different days open in the sun and wind during that time, and still if you touch the drawers you get acid smell on your hands.
And that's from one tiny acid blue being in there a few years......

Nacho Daddy has it right a few posts back.