What's new

Explain your avatar

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Mine is me smoking the tail end of a LFD DL 700 while family are setting up tents in the back yard to let all the kids camp out. I think I was also smoking brisket and chicken that day too.
I'm SuperKrishna since you don't see too many 6'5" 350lb Guyanese dudes.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Mine is a load of goodies Being opened that we sent to the Women Soldiers, the close up shows some very happy faces it is one of my all time favorite pictures.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a portion of one of the illustrations from the Sherlock Holmes story "Silver Blaze". The artist is Sidney Paget. Of course, that's Dr. Watson smoking the cigar in the picture, and if I had not cropped it you would see that he is facing Holmes smoking his pipe. They are sitting in a railroad car.

Why this choice? Well, for one, I am a big fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories, though I haven't read them in a while. Also, modern-day cigar lounges remind me of what I imagine those 19th century British "clubs" were like: men sitting around in cushy chairs, reading the paper while smoking a cigar and sipping brandy. (OK, so the lounges by me don't serve alcohol and the TV is usually going all the time, but....at least they have the cigars and the cushy chairs!)

I associate cigar smoking with "slowing down" and relaxing, and I feel a certain attraction to the slower pace of life and the civility of discourse of the 1890's.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
[YOUTUBE][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSQ801j3q7A"]Hank Williams Jr. - Kaw Liga - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I have one love in life, my family. I have three passions, good craft beers, good cigars and good Blues music....that's a pic of me enjoying my beer passion! :cbig:
Judging by all the shit on your belt I thought it was a tribute to Batman :hysterica

Mine is just me playing golf in the Mountains of VA, just never got around to changing it to something else.