What's new

Fake Cubans...Would you want to know?

If you bought fake Cubans, would you want someone to tell you?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Steve0

Cigar noob
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And yes I think you got taken advantage of but I am really not an expert on Cubans.

Spoke to the supplier just now and they have agreed to replace the order with a sealed box and only supply me with sealed unopened boxes moving forward. Their reason for the opened box was Australian customs carry out random inspections which makes sense and they claim they removed the bar code/serial to hide their source which although unusual is not rare here in Australia when suppliers want to hide their sources.

I did cite the fact 6 or so of the cigars look different to the others and like I mention above, they are replacing the full order.

If anyone can recommend a supplier that is either in Australia or happy to ship to Australia please let me know.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Steve0 It's against forum rules to discuss suppliers of Cubans. Maybe someone can find another way of providing the information to you but an Internet search then looking at sites that focus on Cuban cigars may be a good option.

What doesn't make sense is the company ripped the codes off the cigar box after importing them? Because of concerns about Customs? Their explanation really sounds like garbage. Real Cubans only come from one of two distribution networks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it doesn’t come from a government store it can be fake. Just like a Rolex from a non AD. You take your chances if you don’t know what you are doing, or you pony up and pay for papers.

My advise would be buy some legit cigars, learn how they look and taste, then you will be educated buying from different sources.

And you aren’t joking about Australia and Tobacco! I brought in 30 various Cubans to smoke while there on vacation in March and realized when I landed I’m only allowed a few grams! lol. I declared them all like a good citizen and luckily they were lazy and didn’t make me pay.

Steve0

Cigar noob
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Steve0 It's against forum rules to discuss suppliers of Cubans. Maybe someone can find another way of providing the information to you but an Internet search then looking at sites that focus on Cuban cigars may be a good option.

What doesn't make sense is the company ripped the codes off the cigar box after importing them? Because of concerns about Customs? Their explanation really sounds like garbage. Real Cubans only come from one of two distribution networks.

Apologizes Boudie, I forgot its not legal for US folks to buy Cubans.

Someone msg'd me yesterday and explained the sometimes grey market goings on. The reason stated by the supplier and what a member told me here is they are grey market imports so they are not buying from the official distributor for this region and hiding who it is. I noticed more than one local supplier pricing these at a far high price when I did some googling over night, around 1600 a box ( AUD).

I will buy a 365nm black light today to check the Cohibas properly for a band serial. I did have a very close look at the bands last night and they seem to have all the correct markings when viewed using zoom in my camera but I want to put this question to bed for this supplier once and for all before I return/swap them for unopened boxes or a refund.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Steve0

That and the legal structure of this site makes it a big no no to discuss Cuban suppliers. You seem to have a good plan, good luck and let us know what you find. 1600 a box would be a tough pill to swallow for me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know! I was just happy it wasn’t floor sweepings. These Monte’s taste off compared to the ones I buy in Canada at duty free. I got these in Barbados duty free and they are harsher.

1st Pic is outside after cutting and spreading, 2nd pic is inside.

Someone with more experience will have to comment on the construction. I can only go by taste - these are not as smooth as my known “real” ones. Good Cubans should taste like flavored air, not like smoke.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I would want to know, but seeing how the chances of me finding a real one are slim to none it doesn't really matter. I'm sure it would be interesting to smoke a real one, but to be honest I'm happy with what I can find at my local BM.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I recently decided to build up a collection and purchased from a local supplier that I thought could be trusted but after watching this I think the box was tampered with

the box I am suspect of is Cohiba Siglo 2's and when it was sent to me the seal was broken already....which was a red flag but stupid me was too excited by my first purchase.

After watching the video above, i note the bar code was torn off the box as shown here

The box looks legit but tampered with, it was me who tried to remove the warning label

Some of the cigars appear to be darker as it not round and dont roll across the table smoothly due to the difference in shape. Those od ones labels also dont line up with the other in the box . I had a closer look just now and I cant see triple caps on them all like it shows in the video link above..

If i had to guess I think the seller has mixed fakes in with real ones to increase the profit margin. Thats if any of them are even real.

At $980 AUD a box I not willing to roll over if my suspicions are correct.

As I am brand new to this and know a little less than nothing i figured i would ask you guys for advice if any of this is normal and I am just being paranoid or if my concern is legit and I need to seek a refund from the place or purchase during the week. I ordered a box of partagas series P last week as well due to arrive tomorrow but I will be sending those back now as well as I do not feel like i can trust the seller whose name I am leaving out of this thread, at least for now. They are very well known and claim to be one of australias biggest cigar dealers.

All advice welcome

Steve
The band does not look good to me. I believe these are fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk