What's new

Fake?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Run the cigar from foot to head right along your nostrils. 9 times out of ten, I can tell if the cigar is going to be good or crap. Usually cigars with little or no smell are bad. You start to recognize by scent what flavors you will get from that particular cigar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Impressive that you can tell a fake from a real just by the smell. I couldn't tell you anything by the smell.

(I'm not doubting it if you say you can. I know people who can tell origin by the smell.)

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Impressive that you can tell a fake from a real just by the smell. I couldn't tell you anything by the smell.

(I'm not doubting it if you say you can. I know people who can tell origin by the smell.)
No, never tried to distinguish real Cuban by just the smell. I use the aforementioned "smell test" to select new cigars if I am not familiar with the brand and quality. Usually, 9 times out of ten using the smell test I can select the cigars tastes that fit my palate by smelling the cigar along my nostrils from head to foot. I am surprised more of the BOTL don't use this basic test because although extremely unscientific it has seemed to work for me personally.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
No, never tried to distinguish real Cuban by just the smell. I use the aforementioned "smell test" to select new cigars if I am not familiar with the brand and quality. Usually, 9 times out of ten using the smell test I can select the cigars tastes that fit my palate by smelling the cigar along my nostrils from head to foot. I am surprised more of the BOTL don't use this basic test because although extremely unscientific it has seemed to work for me personally.

Do the 5 Vegas pass the smell test?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0

Some don't have such a refined sense of smell.