What's new

Family Update

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just got back from a week in NJ with my family. My mom was transferred to the CNJ hospital today for surgery, where she'll be for about a week as there will be another surgery next week to fix her up more. The doctor seems optimistic. She's a tough cookie, but needs your good wishes, and good thoughts...It's been a tough road for her.

Thanks,
Allan

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Mom had her first surgery(this round) yesterday. I haven't been able to get her on the phone but the nurse said she was stable and able to move her fingers. Another surgery awaits her next week.

Thanks for the wishes guys.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Guys, situation at home, I just found out is much more serious than we had hoped after the surgery..Her arm was very much affected by the cancer, serious enough that I probably will have to take a leave of absence from work and head back to NJ with my dog for indef period of time.

Just wanted to post something tonight in case I don't have the time before I leave.

Allan

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Alan,

Very sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your mom tonight. I hope it all works out for her.

ehdg

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We had good news/bad news kind of thing yesterday. They will NOT have to amputate her arm...Which is good, given her age and ablitiy to adapt to such a thing..The bad news is that it has spread to her liver/lungs and they have to do chemo, so now we just have to get her through this and hope for the best. I'll prob be going home this weekend(my home) then return here in a few weeks to see how she's doing....Times like this you look for the small blessings, you know?

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Went down a similar road with when my mom passed a little over a year ago.

Nothing wrong with trying to make the best in a losuy situation.

Terribly stressful situation as well - be patient with those who aren't strong and be grateful for the ones that are.

Talk to you soon,
Geoff