What's new

Family Update

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks for the good wishes and prayers.
Mother is in hopefully her final surgery as I type this. The cancer had destroyed the nerves in her arm and nearly the artery. At the end of the day they were not able to save it and it's being amputated today. Ahead lies chemotherapy because it has also spread to her liver and lungs. On the up side, the doctor said this A.M. she seemed accepting of it and relieved that they were finally doing the surgery.But it will be a long hard road ahead.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
thanks guys...the hard part is it WILL be a hard road for her...I'm hoping for her inner strength to pull her through...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Moved mother from the hosptital to a rehab/nursing home today, and i'm headed back to LA in the morning(630am!)...Thanks to everyone for the support, to Geoffry for the fun time last night and the fantastically generous gift!

Catch ya on the coast.,

Allan

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Nice to meet you. Glad to offer you a break in a crazy week.

Hoping for the best outcome for you family ....

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just an update here. Friday the doctors informed us that there would be no use giving Mom chemotherapy, cancer is advanced and she is transitioning...Today I found a hospice for her, hopefully they can transfer her out of the nursing home this week. There are no set timeframes for these things but not a lot of time left, maybe a couple of months on the outside. So please keep her safety and comfort in your thoughts, that's what's important now. I'll be going back again shortly, probably over Labor Day weekend. Thanks again guys,

Allan

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Sorry to hear the bad news Allan :(

Like you said, enjoy your time together. She will be in my prayers.