What's new

Favored cigar size and shape?

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
What is your favorite size and shape of cigar? What's your least favorite?

(Just curious to see what everyone is into?)

I mentioned in another post that I am not favorable to torpedoes, just don't like them much, don't know exactly why but I don't like it. Churchills... just too long for me.

Robusto, corona's, petite corona's I favor. I prefer 42 to 50 ring size and 4 1/2 to 5" length.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I like them all equally really but I guess PCs are my favs and Robustos are my least favored.

The ring guage of the Robusto is not very appealing to me.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I like them all equally really but I guess PCs are my favs and Robustos are my least favored.

The ring guage of the Robusto is not very appealing to me.

My thoughts exactly Todd. I love the hour smoke I get from a Petit Corona size 5 x 42. Also tres petit corona or minuto are tops on my list as well. Some reason I do not like the short fat sticks like 4 7/8 x 48 or 5 x 50 much either. I do however like the larger sticks like Torpedo size 6 x 54 Padron or the classic Churchill size 7 x 47 when time permits. :thumbsup:

Each size cigar has a time and place for me in the humidor at some point. If I had to choose 1 size, definatly is a PC, no boubt in my mind.:inlove:

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, when my friend feels like rolling I like 'em 6"x70. Nice fat stubby cigar, ridiculous amount of smoke. One rolled and pressed? Perfecto. I like my perfectos about 7"x52.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Toro is my favorite size (6 - 6-1/2 and a 48 - 54 ring gauge)

I'm also quite fond of Preferidos, and an occasional Robusto.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I live in New England, so certian months of the year i have PC and Robusto or Corona during the cold months. And what ever I can get my hands on for the rest of the year. I will smoke any size just nothing over 53 ring size.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
For me the answer is ...

I think robustos are the best bang for the buck ... and this is the largest ring guage (50) I feel comfortable smoking. I generally prefer to smoke a robusto size when I'm trying a new cigar brand

I generally don't like Churchills / Double Coronas as they take too long to smoke, but I do enjoy a milder cigar in this size on occasion.

Corona Gordas, Coronas, Lonsdales and PCs are all good. The narrower ring of the last three helps concentrate the flavor and keeps smoking time shorter.

I don't care for Toros much as they are just longer robustos.

Torpedoes + Pyramides are OK, but the significantly higher price usually keeps me away.

Perfectos are really my favorite shape, but not all brands make them.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Toros are my favorite size. I like ring gauges around 46-50.
That said, most of my favorite habanos are PCs and coronas.

TYLER

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
For me the answer is ...

I think robustos are the best bang for the buck ... and this is the largest ring guage (50) I feel comfortable smoking. I generally prefer to smoke a robusto size when I'm trying a new cigar brand

I generally don't like Churchills / Double Coronas as they take too long to smoke, but I do enjoy a milder cigar in this size on occasion.

Corona Gordas, Coronas, Lonsdales and PCs are all good. The narrower ring of the last three helps concentrate the flavor and keeps smoking time shorter.

Torpedoes + Pyramides are OK, but the significantly higher price usually keeps me away.

Great way to put it. My thoughts exactly.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like 'em BIG, when I have enough time: Presidents and double coronas. Having said that, lately I find myself smoking a lot of 6X50 toros and belicosos. Churchills are good, but getting a bit narrow for me. I generally don't like ring sizes under 48 or over 54, and the length is determined by how much time I have to smoke.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
i used to like the larger sizes, but i soon found myself tossing too much cigar away when i just got tired of puffing on it. so now i get smaller sizes with a robusto being about the largest.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
i used to like the larger sizes, but i soon found myself tossing too much cigar away when i just got tired of puffing on it. so now i get smaller sizes with a robusto being about the largest.
:headroll: :headroll: I have missed appointments rather than toss a cigar. I just cant do it. Your right. Probably why I smoke more PC's now.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
For me the answer is ...

I conquer:thumbsup: