What's new

Favorite band......

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I'll start it. Favorite band? Mine is Metallica, followed closely by Ozzy, though I am really turned off by how commercial he and Sharon have gotten. I also like to listen to classical (great while smoking) like Mozart and Beethoven, particularly Beethoven's Fur Elise. You may think that Metallica and Beethoven don't make any sense as my favorites, but WE would disagree.....

I like Metallica
Who care's? I like Beethoven..
Yeah? Well Ozzy is better than Beethoven.......
Well Mozart is better than Metallica .... and he had better hair!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Dave Mathews Band number one.

Followed closely by U2 and Pink Floyd.

Lately I have been into XM Channel 75- Hear Music, it is a very eccentric blend of artists and genres. They produce the music ou hear at Starbucks.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
my all time fav. is bob marley, but i listen to pretty much anything, I am really into latin jazz right now, I love smoking a cigar and listening to jazz, it is quite an experience, cool topic

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
if I had to pick an absolute favorite this evening I'd say radiohead. I also like dmb, in fact I have a crap load of concerts on cd.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Lately i've been listening to "The Killers", they play that song "somebody told me". I know that song is over played but the entire album is very good.

I also like Sinatra, Dylan, Floyd, old Metallica, GNR, Lynard, Billy Joel, Elton John, Zepplin and anything Hendrix.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I enjoy lots of music ... mostly classic / modern rock, pop, light jazz and instrumentals. I'll even listen to country and classical on occasional.

Anything but rap ... although I have heard some of Eminem's stuff that's OK.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
AC/DC, closely followed by CCR and the Beatles.

Favorite new(ish) bands are Beautiful Creatures, Rockland Eagles and the Union Underground.

TYLER

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have favorites for most genres,,
Blues...Robert Johnson and Howlin' Wolf
Hard rock...AC/DC and Judas Priest
Production rock...The who and Pink Floyd and Queen..What I mean by that is whole albums fitting together with big sound.
Jazz...Jaco
New thing I like is the Black Keys
Different music for different moods I get in.

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
garth....Toby keith...Alan jackson..kid Rock .....Eminem..Hank jr...fav Elvis.....Aerosmith......Alice Cooper

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I would say:

Journey-YES-Gin Blossoms-Counting Crows-Styxx-REM

Ironman

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
If there's one word to describe my collection of music it is eclectic.

I have quite the collection of Grateful Dead tunes PLUS a subscription to the New York Philharmonic.... go figure.

Right now, I have WBGO (www.wbgo.org) streaming jazz on my pc. Highly recommend it.

But lately I've been listening to alot of Drive By Truckers, Old Crow Medicine Show, R.L. Burnside, and Tom Waits. But I'm sure it's just a phase ...

Eager to swap my mp3 list ....

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Well, I would say the USC Trojan Marching band! First of all, love their mascot, second their tubas play ridiculously loud, and third, they'll play justg about anything.

I'm like geoffrie, very eclectic. Although I dumped my subscription to the NY Phil because I couldn't take the intonation of the French Horn section. They play out of tune. But that's another discussion.

Any orchestral music with lots of tuba!
U2
The Who
Nelly (sad but true)
Yes (older stuff)

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Wow, the list could be hundreds long. I think I have to agree with MrTrip; I listen to different things depending on my mood. And I go through different phases where I can't stand hearing some of my fav's for one reason or another. Kind of odd. There's been some real great ones already named that I agree with:
Apache- Metallica has the hard rock covered in my book
Wasch- You obviously know I love DMB, check out your SS package
Jer- To me there are times when Flamenco or assorted Latin music is all that appeals to me. It's the greatest beats ever invented and can transform you to far off places quicker then anything I've ever heard.
MRBeerdrinker- DMB is on top of my list, no doubt. I've got about 100 of their concerts on disc if you ever want to trade. Just PM me.
Sucol- Don't feel bad about having the choices you do! I'm 23 and absolutely love Dave Brubek quartet. Music at it's finest

If I had to give my list it would be as follows-
1)Dave Matthews Band - Truly underrated. Too many fans attend their concerts for the party rather then the amazing music.
2)Jem - a very new artist with very little published. She's got an amazing voice and real talent lyrically
3)Bob Segar - Possibly America's greatest song writer. Man he could write with the best of them. I wish he still toured
4)Paul Okenfold - Trance music; basically Techno to the untrained ear. Man is he amazing with the most random of sounds
5)Ottmar Liebert - IMO the BEST flamenco guitarist I've ever heard, and I've spent time with family of mine who still live in Spain and feel the same way. He's gifted, truly.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
tubaman said:
because I couldn't take the intonation of the French Horn section. They play out of tune. But that's another discussion.
Q. How do you get five French Horn players to play in tune.
A. Shoot four of them.

Q. How do you get a trombone to sound like a Frnch Horn.
A. Stick your fist int he bell and miss every other note.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
geoffrie said:
Q. How do you get five French Horn players to play in tune.
A. Shoot four of them.

Q. How do you get a trombone to sound like a Frnch Horn.
A. Stick your fist int he bell and miss every other note.
Classics!!!!!