What's new

Favorite band......

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
5)Ottmar Liebert - IMO the BEST flamenco guitarist I've ever heard, and I've spent time with family of mine who still live in Spain and feel the same way. He's gifted, truly.
I absolutely LOVE Ottmar Liebert. Barcelona Nights is one of the best songs ever.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
God I must be getting really really old. I like all kinds of music when I am working out but I mostly listen to NPR (national public radio) for the youngins here. I think I am turning into my father.

mike toro

neophyte Bolivar acolyte
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WFZone said:
God I must be getting really really old. I like all kinds of music when I am working out but I mostly listen to NPR (national public radio) for the youngins here. I think I am turning into my father.
I hear that. NPR dominates everything my ears get nowadays.

All time favorite, I'd say Tom Waits. Nirvana is a close second. Been listening to a lot of them lately. Radiohead, assorted Jazz and Classical round out the list.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vigilantes of Love (Bill Mallonee) outta Athens, GA

others from various genres
Led Zeppelin
Metallica
Bill Monroe and the Bluegrass Boys
Steve Earle and the Dukes
Beastie Boys
Public Enemy
Del McCoury

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ironman said:
I would say:

Journey-YES-Gin Blossoms-Counting Crows-Styxx-REM

Ironman
Hey Rich, you got good taste...those are some of my favs also..but the best band for me is Journey...late 70's and early 80's they turned out some great tunes....what a cast of band members also...Steve Perry LS...Neil Schon LG...Ansley Dunsbar Drums...Gregg Rollie KB....I can't seem to remember the Bass though...That era of music still does it for me,to many to list, but I guess it's Classic Rock now

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Bman said:
Hey Rich, you got good taste...those are some of my favs also..but the best band for me is Journey...late 70's and early 80's they turned out some great tunes....what a cast of band members also...Steve Perry LS...Neil Schon LG...Ansley Dunsbar Drums...Gregg Rollie KB....I can't seem to remember the Bass though...That era of music still does it for me,to many to list, but I guess it's Classic Rock now
I think the bass player is Ross Valory. Ansley Dunbar ended up leaving for Jefferson Starship (Always loved them, too).

I love so many of the classic rock bands, I don't think I could ever pick a favorite.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I can't believe you guys with all these incorrect answers!! There is only one answer for this question and the answer is:

THE BAND!!!

The question was what is your favorite BAND not musical group!!!

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Van Halen hands down. But then I have so many other "favorites" I can't list them all. They range from hair metal to blues to jazz to funk to alternative to country to gospel to... well, you get the idea.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Hal said:
Van Halen hands down. But then I have so many other "favorites" I can't list them all. They range from hair metal to blues to jazz to funk to alternative to country to gospel to... well, you get the idea.
I have a very wide taste to my music too...usually it depends on the type of mood that I am in.