What's new

Favorite CC Vitola

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your preferred length and ring gauge for cc's?

Mine is 5" to 5.5" and 48 to 50rg.
I prefer that for the smoke time, feel, and the larger rg's seem to have a constantly better draw. They are also less likely to get damaged using a modus tool when needed. The Coronas and similar are difficult to do without cracking the wrapper or punching through them by not going in perfectly straight.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lonsdale
Corona
Petite Corona
Robusto
Panatela
Interesting. All small rg's except for the robustos. Which kinda stray from the rest quite a bit.

Robusto is pretty much right on the money for my preferred length and ring gauge. 5" x 50rg is perfect for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
DONOR
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Interesting. All small rg's except for the robustos. Which kinda stray from the rest quite a bit.

Robusto is pretty much right on the money for my preferred length and ring gauge. 5" x 50rg is perfect for me

I'm not a big fan of most CCs over 52 RG. There are exceptions (RyJ Wide Churchill, H. Upmann Connie B among others), but in general I like 50 and under. I wish there were still more options for lanceros in the CC world.... the Cohibas are just so danged expensive. :2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your preferred length and ring gauge for cc's?

Mine is 5" to 5.5" and 48 to 50rg.
I prefer that for the smoke time, feel, and the larger rg's seem to have a constantly better draw. They are also less likely to get damaged using a modus tool when needed. The Coronas and similar are difficult to do without cracking the wrapper or punching through them by not going in perfectly straight.
I have actually never tried any lanceros,panatelas, or longsdales. The very thin rg makes me nervous about being too tight, and they are too thin for a modus tool.

I do have a Por Larranaga Montecarlos to try, and Its a 33rg.
Bought it just to test the waters with an inexpensive one.

Last edited:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
prior to the 90s most cigars were sub 48 ring.

lots of 38 to 42 stuff, it was the norm.

first 50 rg I remember was Hoyo de Monterrey Rothschilde

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've been buying a lot of Petit Robustos lately. 4 3/8" to 4.5" or so, 50 to 54 RG. Im sure that im the only one experiencing this, but i've found cuba has a very hard time with the vitolas i more readily prefer, Petit coronas, Coronas, Corona gordas, etc. Just had consistently bad consistency with these sizes. Petit robustos? Not so much! They almost always have a perfect draw it seems. I think they are easier to roll, and I dont think cuba does draw testing.