What's new

Favorite CC Vitola

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
What is your preferred length and ring gauge for cc's?

Mine is 5" to 5.5" and 48 to 50rg.
I prefer that for the smoke time, feel, and the larger rg's seem to have a constantly better draw. They are also less likely to get damaged using a modus tool when needed. The Coronas and similar are difficult to do without cracking the wrapper or punching through them by not going in perfectly straight.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Interesting. All small rg's except for the robustos. Which kinda stray from the rest quite a bit.

Robusto is pretty much right on the money for my preferred length and ring gauge. 5" x 50rg is perfect for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'm not a big fan of most CCs over 52 RG. There are exceptions (RyJ Wide Churchill, H. Upmann Connie B among others), but in general I like 50 and under. I wish there were still more options for lanceros in the CC world.... the Cohibas are just so danged expensive. :2

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
What is your preferred length and ring gauge for cc's?

Mine is 5" to 5.5" and 48 to 50rg.
I prefer that for the smoke time, feel, and the larger rg's seem to have a constantly better draw. They are also less likely to get damaged using a modus tool when needed. The Coronas and similar are difficult to do without cracking the wrapper or punching through them by not going in perfectly straight.
I have actually never tried any lanceros,panatelas, or longsdales. The very thin rg makes me nervous about being too tight, and they are too thin for a modus tool.

I do have a Por Larranaga Montecarlos to try, and Its a 33rg.
Bought it just to test the waters with an inexpensive one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
prior to the 90s most cigars were sub 48 ring.

lots of 38 to 42 stuff, it was the norm.

first 50 rg I remember was Hoyo de Monterrey Rothschilde

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've been buying a lot of Petit Robustos lately. 4 3/8" to 4.5" or so, 50 to 54 RG. Im sure that im the only one experiencing this, but i've found cuba has a very hard time with the vitolas i more readily prefer, Petit coronas, Coronas, Corona gordas, etc. Just had consistently bad consistency with these sizes. Petit robustos? Not so much! They almost always have a perfect draw it seems. I think they are easier to roll, and I dont think cuba does draw testing.

yeahoner

The Engineer Is Always Right
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
petit corona to corona are typically my go-to, though i like a robusto size if i'm going to have a bit more time and a bonfire or warm weather. i did thoroughly enjoy a monte #2 last night, made me tempted to buy a box, but it would take me most of a decade to smoke it because i so rarely smoke a cigar that big.