What's new

Favorite Christmas Movie

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
The wife and I watched our first Christmas movie of the season; The Polar Express. I guess I am a kid at heart, but I really love that movie. A few others that we will watch are: Scrooged with Bill Murray, Trading Places with Eddie Murphy and Dan Ackroyd. What are ya'lls must watch Christmas movie?

Last edited:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
We love Elf with Will Ferrell, and of course National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I also love the old "Christmas Carol" from the BBC with Albert Finney--the musical--which is excellent.

My wife's favorites are Muppet's Christmas Carol and Mickey's Christmas Carol.

If you want to see something really fun, check out "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" as spoofed by Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K). Gut-splitting!

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Trading Places, Nightmare Before Christmas, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Scrooged, Trapped in Paradise.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beat the s**t out of some kids today. But it was for a purpose. It made me feel good about myself. It was like I did something constructive with my life or something, I dunno, like I accomplished something.

Last edited:

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Ditto on the National Lampoon's Christmas vacation. Probably one of my all time faves, regardless.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
My favorite movie of all time just so happens to be "It's a Wonderful Life" and when I was a kid it was played non stop during the Christmas holiday. My second fav is definitely "A Christmas Story" followed quickly by "Elf" my kids absolutely love Elf. I am also a huge "Christmas Vactation" fan so those are my top picks and they all hold special places in my heart and I will watch these at least once this holiday season.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
christmas story,,, it's a wonderful life,,, and miracle on 34th street - oh, and the rudolph cartoon... "I want to be a dentist!!"

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Christmas Vacation. Must watch. After that, I'll watch trading places, but I don't ever think of that as a christmas movie. Scrooged is good too.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine! Ovaltine? A Crummy commercial?!"

A Christmas Story, hands done. We start quoting it shortly after Thanksgiving and it doesn't end until after Christmas.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Christmas Vacation and Elf.

I also really like Family Man. It's not necessarily a Christmas movie but it does get played on TV a lot around the Holidays so to me, it is a Christmas movie.