What's new

Favorite Cigar? and WHY?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
New to the cigar life. I'm looking for recomendations on good quality cigars. Interested in peoples thoughts on Drew Estates- Acids, Java, Kahlua. What do you think? Give me your Fav. Cigars brand, size, and why.

Donk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Drew Estates Acids make me want to :barf:

My go to cigars:
CAO Brazilia Samba
Rockey Patel Sungrown Torpedo

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Try any of the Fuentes, especially the Hemmingway line. Any of the Carlos Toranos, Padrons, Punch Rare Corojo, Rocky Patel Edges, Rocky Patel Vintage 92 and the CAO Italia

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I stay away from the flavored stuff for me. I prefer more traditional cigars.

Hard to pin any one favorite for me. A few are Romeo y Juliet Excibicion #4, medium bodied, smooth with sweet flavors. Bolivar Petit Corona are new top 5 for me with earth, spicy, and complex flavors galore.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've really just started to experiment :smokingbo , but....

Gran Habanos Blend 5 - rothschild - Just discovered these thru BOTL....I'm smoking the hell out of them. Touch spicy with good flavor & inexpensive.

HOYO DE MONTERREY - Xcorona, oscuro - Been simmering in my humidor for a little while and are deep, rich, & mild.

LA GLORIA CUBANA - Churchill - Seems to have a unique flavor.

ROMEO Y JULIETA - Ex#3 - What got me hooked.

Recently obtained a few ISOM's and I loved the Bolivar PC '03.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Give the Flor de Oliva line a try. They're inexpensive but very good. It's my go-to favorite. Others are Sancho Panza, Helix Maduro, well, just about any maduro these days. Almost any Cameroon will do too. It's hard to beat an H.Upmann as well. Lots of people like the Torano line but they have very few that I like. It's all a matter of taste and you have to try everything to see what you like.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
A buddy's girlfriend smoked a Java last week, and since I've always been curious about them, I took a puff. What a mistake! Cripes, that was a GAWDAWFUL puff. It tasted like 2 things:

Sweet Chocolate & Amonia (like when you mop a floor)

yuk :noemotion

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
If you are talking NC then I still like the Davidoff Grand Cru #2 as my personal favorite.
Back in the day...lol...this was one of my favotires as well. I think that if I had never been introduced to Habanods I would be smoking VSGs, Hemingways, and Davidoffs today.

Thank goodness lfg2nrg and xrundog gave me my first two Cuban cigars because I would otherwise be stuck buying uber-expensive non-Cuban cigars.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Personally, and I don't mean any disrespect at all - I'd rather have my pecker slammed in a door than smoke a flavored cigar...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I really tried to like the Acid line. I even bought the collector's tin.

The best, to my taste, was the Roam. In my opinion, the tobacco could have been better. There were burn problems. Some of the smokes were a bit harsh and my wife said they smelled like incense. I don't like the sweet tip. Tried the Kahlua and it burned too fast, too hot and was harsh.

In all fairness to Drew Estate, I am not into flavored cigars. I did get stuck on the La Vieja Habana line for a while.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Back in the day...lol...this was one of my favotires as well. I think that if I had never been introduced to Habanods I would be smoking VSGs, Hemingways, and Davidoffs today.

Thank goodness lfg2nrg and xrundog gave me my first two Cuban cigars because I would otherwise be stuck buying uber-expensive non-Cuban cigars.
I couldn't agree more. I think our taste profiles are similar. Of the NC's those are exactly the ones I would pick. Today, it's hard for me to smoke an 05 CC let alone a NC. I am truely thankful for the exposure to CC. Of course now I just keep getting more and more picky.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You mean its possible to have a favorite cigar? :squinteye

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I'm a big fan of the Tatuaje line. AF makes some decnt smokes at a reasonable price, but I'm sticking to Tatuaje. It has a fullness to it that most of the other cigars lack.

La Aurora makes one helluva cigar in you want a more refined smoke. I like them a whole bunch. I keep spreading the word on those.

CAO Brazillia is a great cigar too. I have a couple boxes of the Anaconda.

Favrite cheap smoke though is the Padron Fumas. It's a laguito #1 mixed filler cheap as hell but is a great smoker. It's pretty much consistantly good and think that most of the filler is from the x000 lines.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
New to the cigar life. I'm looking for recomendations on good quality cigars. Interested in peoples thoughts on Drew Estates- Acids, Java, Kahlua. What do you think? Give me your Fav. Cigars brand, size, and why.

Donk
Personally, and I don't mean any disrespect at all - I'd rather have my pecker slammed in a door than smoke a flavored cigar...
There's nothing wrong with infused cigars, if that's what you like to smoke. I remember having a few Lars Tetens in a jar before. Not bad smokes but they really stink if your smelling someone elses cigar.

Randy...you crack me up bro...
-Rob