What's new

Favorite IPA??

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
So you had cash! If I was up to Busch light then I was on a spending spree!
Busch Light $9.99 a CASE back when I was in college.......they we're just begging us to get wasted....LOL!

Back to the IPA stuff.....I had a Sierra Nevade Celebration last night....

man, that was pretty damn good! Really liked it....and hadn't had one since I'd grown to love the hops. I'll be having PLENTY more of those this holiday season, that's for sure.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like DFH 90 Min... both hoppy and malty, which is why I avoid it. Have you had the DFH Burton Baton? There is so much malt in that thing... major bummer.
I actually really like Burton Baton's flavor but can't drink more than one without it getting to be too much of... everything! It's a session ender because I'm usually done with drinking after having one.

MP.

Doesn't buy Altadis
Rating - 96.2%
37   1   0
Dogfish Head just shipped their Squall, which is a bottle conditioned IIPA. I had a few bottles from their last batch and it was much more hop forward than their 90 Minute. (or is it less malty?) Regardless, it's worth checking out if you can get your hands on some.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a great local beer bar (cigar friendly outside) that always manages to get some of even the special releases from Dogfish and many others. I know the owner a little and he's a craft beer nut of the first order. He travels to build his personal stock of special brews and when he can, he does special buys for his bar. I will certainly be on the lookout for Squall.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Just put together a grocery list.......(did this for myself from suggestions off this thread), and thought it might be easier for summa you other hop-heads to print, so thought I'd share it here just in case you'd like to go shopping (as I will be here very, very soon :)).

Here's what I'll be on the look out for as I roam the beer aisles within the weeks to come. Hopefully I'll be able find/try them all in the next couple months:

Three Floyd's Alpha Kind
Ninkasi Tricerahops
Bells Two Hearted Ale
Bells HopSlam Ale
Heavy Seas Loose Cannon
Magic Hat HiPA
Port Brewing HOP-15
Port Brewing High Tide IPA
Moylan IPA
Moylan Hopsickle
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
Alpine Duet IPA
He'Brew Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A.
DFH Squall IPA

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I stand corrected, it's there new IPA, Loose Caboose!
I'll add that to my list Larry.....as I did look up the Track 1, and noticed it was a lager..

Edit: ..just tried looking up the loose caboose, and either my google skills have failed me, or it's so new, it has yet to be uploaded on the fancy internet machine..

You have a link to info on it you can post Larry?

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
The big eye is good also. The bottles of that I had was a while ago and unsure on the freshness. However the sculpin was like they just added hop juice compared to what I remember of the big eye.

Still love my $32 cases of Two Hearted though!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
No sense wasting time.....

It's on the way!!!! (well, a few of the list anyway...the rest will attempted to be found by foot/shopping cart).

672438000213 Ballast Point Sculpin IPA 22 oz (50) 2
892543000261 Russian River Blind Pig (500) 4
892543000018 Russian River Brewing Damnation 375ml (375) 2
689926000150 Port Brewing Hop 15 Double IPA (750) 2
689926001041 Port Brewing High Tide Fresh Hopped IPA 22 oz (750) 2

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I'll add that to my list Larry.....as I did look up the Track 1, and noticed it was a lager..

Edit: ..just tried looking up the loose caboose, and either my google skills have failed me, or it's so new, it has yet to be uploaded on the fancy internet machine..

You have a link to info on it you can post Larry?
Kyle, truth be told I don't believe it has been released to the public yet. A good friend of mine here in Raleigh, Matt Machtay, just bought Roanoke Railhose Brewery. He showed up at Empire Cigars last Sunday night with a couple of growlers of Loose Caboose. We were getting ready to watch the Steelers/Saints game when he arrived with the beer. I guess you could say we were his trial subjects, and the IPA was just wonderful.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
The best one i've had in a while.....including Ballast Point Sculpin, RR Blind Pig, Port Brewing Hop-15 and High Tide etc....is Stone Ruination IPA.

It's amazing. Any hop-lover out there who may have been interested in trying Russian Rivers Pliny the Elder, but was unable to find it....just go buy a bottle or 3 of this stuff. Very similar IMO, and more readily available as well, which is a huge plus. Drinking another one this evening, as the last time I had it I was tasting a bunch of different stuff, but this one's just as good as before.

Last edited:

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Sweetwater IPA...420's better
These guys don't seem to think so, although I will keep an eye out for it as I love trying new stuff.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/273/751/?sort=serv&servT=8&start=10
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/4083

I find myself using beer advocate more and more as a resource for trying new stuff....like when I'm in the store looking for something i've never tried. I look at it kind of like BOTL, in that they're just guys who dig beer, doin' reviews. For the most part, I've found the average scoring to be a fairly decent indicator of how much I'll like it....but again, just for the most part.