What's new

Favorite marca?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Great question, and harder to answer than I first thought.

For me, probably Bolivar or Trinidad, and for different reasons. Trinidad was my "first love," and I still love them for their uniqueness--there's just nothing close to a Trinidad profile, and since I happen to love it, it's a clear winner.

But Bolivar has a profile I love as well ... though there are a lot of "earthy, peppery" cigars, nobody else adds the creamy element so well as Bolivar. I love most of the vitolas (though there are a few I haven't had yet), and love the fact that each are pretty different and yet all clearly share the Bolivar profile. And when you get one that's really pumping out that great chocolate flavor ... nothing beats it.

That said, I love most Partagas and lately have been getting into H. Upmann ... and love the RASS though that's the only RA I've had (besides a few SCCs that were apparently "not ready.")

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I believe the question was for a size of cc, that stood out for you. I'm patial to DC's or Toro's with Cohiba and Trini's on top...Hmm followed by Partagas, monti's and Boli's. I'm fairly still new to cc's with only a year or two on most so I'm sure this could change down the road with age on what I have.
Tom he asked for the marca, not vitola.
I'll go with Party.
Then Cohiba ( now #2)
Then Upmann.
All with. 3 or more years on em.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What's your favorite marca based on flavor profile alone?

Here's what I mean... I lit up a RyJ short churchill tonight and was reminded why this is my favorite marca, even though NONE of the individual cigars in the brand are my favorites by any stretch. The taste profile is unique and interesting to me, though. It is a great change of pace and is like nothing else I smoke regularly.

The cigars are not always very consistent -- in fact, the one I had tonight had a wonky burn that took a lot of tending. And they don't always have a lot going on taste-wise in the individual cigars that really builds on the brand's basic profile. But if I could have Habanos make me any vitola with the very best rollers for my personal cigar, I'd start with a Romeo y Julieta flavor profile and work from there.

What about you? What's your favorite brand flavor profile?

Just one?
Emotionally, Trinidad.
Realistically, a fight to the death between fonseca, el rey de mundo and quai d'orsay.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Kinda stuck here as one that I am always in search of great boxes of but are harder to find then you would think is Sancho Panza. Have been through a few fantastic boxes and because of them tend to think of them as a favourite