What's new

FDA ready to roll out cigar regulations

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Land of the "free" I have never smoked cigarettes, but I think it is horrible that they use their tax money to build public venues(stadiums and such) only to ban them from the same places. Where does it stop? New York banning super-sized sugary drinks and free refills. seems like they cite health concerns but really want more tax money because they already bled the cigarette smokers dry. sorry for the micro rant on your thread,

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Land of the "free" I have never smoked cigarettes, but I think it is horrible that they use their tax money to build public venues(stadiums and such) only to ban them from the same places. Where does it stop? New York banning super-sized sugary drinks and free refills. seems like they cite health concerns but really want more tax money because they already bled the cigarette smokers dry. sorry for the micro rant on your thread,
No Apologies necessary, These ass clowns boil all our blood. ;)

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
This is why as soon as I heard they might start doing these things 4 years ago (when smoking was a casual hobby and a once a week thing) I started making a stash that could stand the test of time. Let them start f!&king with stuff, we can beat it. We have more support then people know, and we aren't afraid to Stand up when they try/start to take away our rights. It might not happen right away, but we will win. And In the meantime most if us that have more money in our cigar cabinets and rooms than in our cars (you know who in talking about! Haha) will sit back and quietly puff away waiting.

Edit: re-read this... Gonna add a quick pic. Carry on haha

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For once I'm glad to have a huge number of cigars...5000 of em and if indeed they start the unthinkable I'll be fine but it's the new members and enthusiasts to this hobby who are going to take the hit. Guys/Gals...it's time to start using your votes to make a difference...a voting block of cigar enthusiasts can make a difference if we'll just back it...w/o doing that then we deserve to get steamrolled like we are.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Before we get to the "take it to the streets" level, lets see what it actually entails. For one thing, sugary/sweet candy style cigars you can get from the grocery store or gas station do reach a younger audience more often. Is that wrong? I think to an extent adults are the target demographic of cigars. I don't think it has to be a nanny state, but I also understand that some steps aren't as intrusive as they sound. Forgive me, but I haven't seen completely what's going to happen, and this article is short on actual details. Heck, even the guy in the article who's in charge of the Anti-Tobacco Kids deal thinks they shouldn't go after mom and pop cigar stuff. More tax would suck, but a label or less swisher sweets out there wouldn't harm me the consumer.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I haven't read up on it, but my understanding is that it is going after flavored tobacco in any form as minors - under 18 - are the primary users of these products.
Mainly flavored snuff, dip, chewing tobacco and convenience store cigars.

Unfortunately I'm sure it will blend over into tobacco products targeted toward adults

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They may be going after flavored drug/convenience store cigar but we all know they will overstep their bounds if/when they decide to do this. They regularly and consistently do so don't assume because they are "targeting" those that we won't get screwed too.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
And once they see a demographic they can tax and nobody makes a big deal then everyone will have a 86% cigar tax rate like Utah, because the people that smoke cigars can afford to pay more you know "their fare share'.

Rating - 91.7%
12   1   0
Free America kinda like the American dream has been over a long time. It's all about big government and big business. ( Bailout) ha what a joke. This will never end untill the American ppl stands up. U don't see crazy taxes on alcohol. Alcohol is just as bad or worse then tobacco. I'm a fireman an I never see tobacco related car accidents that kill multiple ppl at 1 time. Alcoholism kills and destroys families I could go on and on but we all know. Hmm lol ok I'm done I could go on for days. Haha

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
"You don't see a teenager with a $15 premium cigar sticking out of his mouth, standing on the corner," said Bill Spann, president of the International Premium Cigar & Retailers Association. "Nobody's ducking outside for a 15-minute cigar break. Nobody's smoking two boxes of cigars a day. You don't inhale them. And they are not marketed to, desired by or affordable to underage youth."

This is exactly why we are going to lose. Divide and conquer. They may only be going after flavored cigars for the moment, but don't worry, it will be our turn soon enough. After all, cigars are a luxury. What's a few dollars compared to the future of our kids? You don't hate children, do you?

They will probably get away with it too. No one cares what happens until they set their sights on something that hurts personally.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Most of these "fruit flavored" cigars are used for the wrapper. The cigars are split and the wrapper is used to roll blunts. Again they attack tobacco while trying to legalize weed. I just dont get it.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Any form of nanny government is bad. We are adults and do not need a babysitter. The government has no right to tell us what we can and cannot eat/drink/smoke. A sin tax is just another way of them doing this. As for kids, do parents even take responsability for them anymore?

Gurrzt

DeathStar1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using the "children" is just an excuse to get the "ultra left wing agenda" going, God forbid you smoke a cigar with a 32 0z coke.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Free America kinda like the American dream has been over a long time. It's all about big government and big business. ( Bailout) ha what a joke. This will never end untill the American ppl stands up. U don't see crazy taxes on alcohol. Alcohol is just as bad or worse then tobacco. I'm a fireman an I never see tobacco related car accidents that kill multiple ppl at 1 time. Alcoholism kills and destroys families I could go on and on but we all know. Hmm lol ok I'm done I could go on for days. Haha
Alcohol is pretty well taxed. The difference is it has been a long time, and cigars will be a new tax. So this will be more noticeable.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Most of these "fruit flavored" cigars are used for the wrapper. The cigars are split and the wrapper is used to roll blunts. Again they attack tobacco while trying to legalize weed. I just dont get it.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2
Well said. I don't get it either.