What's new

FF 10/21-23 not cool

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Dang. This truly sucks. Jgbutler, CMT and Ryan all missed their picks due to the change in time for the KC/Miami game. Everyone looking for a chance to catch up has it now, but dang, I hate to see it happen this way...

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
That does sucks. It pays to pick early! Dollars-to-donuts I don't even get out of last place :rofl:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out this week. 4 null games this week. Lots more where only one person differs (Minnesota!!!! WTH was I thinking???).

CMT

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT..................................... :closedmou :closedmou :angerhead :angerhead :riflefire :riflefire I saw that they has changed the game but did not think that would effect the deadline of picks for all of the games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I at least all mypicks default to all home games.

I'M SO PISSED!!!!!!!!! this is bullshit, I never picks my games until Friday night early Saterday just in case any injuries pull people out. :angerFU: :angerFU: :angerFU: A fucked up choice from office-pools.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Alright..... as much as my greedy selfish ass does not want to do this...

guys that missed their picks PM ME YOUR PICKS B4 5 PM EST on SATURDAY AND I WILL MANUALLY MAKE THEM FOR YOU>>>

unfortunately you are each going to take a loss in the KC game, sorry i cannot really change that.....
Clay

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
CMT said:
THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

I'M SO PISSED!!!!!!!!!

Same for me on both counts!! :closedmou :closedmou I didn't even realize the game had been moved up. I've been working from 6am to around 8-9pm all week and haven't even seen the news/sports. This FUCKING BLOWS!!!!:cursing:

I always check in on Friday evenings just to make sure there aren't any Saturday games that I didn't know about. I usually make my picks sometime Saturday and sometimes even Sunday morning, mainly just watching the last minute injury reports. Especially where key players are concerned. Other than an occasional Saturday game for some reason the only other time usually you have to get the picks in early is Thanksgiving week.

Something else that pisses me off about this is that last year if I hadn't made my picks by 24 hrs before the first game of the week, I would get an e-mail reminder from Office-Pools that I needed to make my picks by certain date & time. Damn sure didn't get any reminders on this deal.

CMT unless this is set different than last year, it doesn't default to anything. If you missed your picks your win/loss totals will not change at all this week. Basically it will be just like we skipped this week and everyone else played. Unless lots of guys just have a terrible week, this is gonna drop me from 3rd place in the totals to last place or at least next to last!! If Mike has a good week this week, I'll probably be somewhere between 12 and 15-16 games off the lead. No way in hell to make that up in half a season left to go.

Well I guess I'll just have to see where in the hell I'm sitting in the ranks come Monday! :angryteet

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
JgButler said:
...I'll probably be somewhere between 12 and 15-16 games off the lead. No way in hell to make that up in half a season left to go.

Well I guess I'll just have to see where in the hell I'm sitting in the ranks come Monday! :angryteet
Well, damn. Vipe and I might as well just quit then.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Clay, I understand your thought process on this and I like the compromise of taking KC as a loss, but I'd like to ask that this be a one time thing. Let this be a "lesson" for everyone as far as the rest of the season goes. Get preliminary picks in early for the rest of the year. I certainly would have changed my GB/MN pick had I known that everything was going to be locked down, but I get to live with that. That's totally different than getting screwed out of all of your picks, but still. Again, I'm cool with this this one time. But I'd like to ask that this be the last time.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
tobby4 said:
Alright..... as much as my greedy selfish ass does not want to do this...

guys that missed their picks PM ME YOUR PICKS B4 5 PM EST on SATURDAY AND I WILL MANUALLY MAKE THEM FOR YOU>>>

unfortunately you are each going to take a loss in the KC game, sorry i cannot really change that.....
Clay
Whoa, I didn't see Clay's post 'till now. I don't like this. If that's your decision than so be it, but 7 out of 10 of us got them in on time.

I just want to go on the record saying it is nothing personal on CMT, Jgbutler, or Hambo, but I don't like this decision.

CMT

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand how many people might not agree and I might feel the same if I was in that boat as well, this was a chance to knock out a couple lead players, and I'm not trying to cheat anyone here what so ever. But like Jgbutler Said, I never make my picks until late in the week. I also watch for players that will be out and other information that might help me on my picks. I just think office-pools should of let that game go instead of closing the picks REAL early. Anyway, I think it is up to us to figure out what to do. I sent you my picks, if they get entered then thank you, if not then that sucks for me and I'll have to up my game.
Like every week, good luck to all.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
As you said before bro':
CMT said:
DON'T FORGET TO MAKE YOUR PICKS. If you miss a week of picks, it's over for ya, you won't be able to catch up. I try to make mine right after a week is over, and go back and change as needed.
No dig, or disrespect meant above. Just a good reminder for everyone. As I said before, I'm ok with this, I just don't want to see it again. As to Office-Pool, I'm surprised they don't do the email thing anymore. That seems like an awesome feature. Not sure why they got rid of it. As to closing the picks when they did? Can't see how they could do anything else, unless they just nullified the KC/MIA game.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I'm cool with whatever Clay decides to do. However, I don't think waiting for "last minute injury reports" is a good excuse for not making your ENTIRE pick set.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Whoa, I didn't see Clay's post 'till now. I don't like this. If that's your decision than so be it, but 7 out of 10 of us got them in on time.

I just want to go on the record saying it is nothing personal on CMT, Jgbutler, or Hambo, but I don't like this decision.
Minus a hurricane I would have had my picks in on time myself. There were several contributing factors to me missing my picks. Like I said above it has been a week of 16-17 hrs days. I haven't seen a newscast or tuned in ESPN since last week, or had time to even mess with OP this week. Normally I handle it on Saturday. I had know idea they were talking about moving the game time up. Hell it might have been a snap decision for all I know. But that still brings it back to "that's my problem". I can just say that Hurricane Wilma did damage in Oklahoma before it ever made landfall.

I know what day the first game is on, or scheduled to be on, for each week of the season. Like I said I don't ever make my picks until late in the week, usually just because I am waiting for last minute injury status or line up changes to better my chances of winning. That's how I've always done it and that is how I will continue to do it. I might now start making prelim picks earlier in the week just in case some frickin snafu like this occurs again, just so I will have something picked at least.

Like I said and it appears that CMT feels as well, I think OP seriously dropped the ball on this. If nothing else they should have dropped the game from this weeks lineup. There is no telling how many people in how many pools wound up in the same boat I'm in now. If they decided not to drop the game they should have least sent out e-mail notifications about the early deadline for making picks. As I said before, there were e-mail notifications last year. I don't know if that ws something that OP did or if the Admin of our pool set up, but they came nonetheless.

Having said all of that, it still comes down to the fact that I just flat ass missed the boat this week. I'll see if I can swim and ever catch the boat again. I might feel the same as you guys do on us having a second chance this week, had it been someone else. It wasn't like I just forgot to make them though. That what I was doing last night when I found out I had already missed out. I can already tell that some are feeling that this isn't right, therefore I'm not gonna ruffle any feathers with this and am not going to make any picks. I'll just hope like hell I don't have anything less than 11 or 12 game weeks from here on out.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Jwrussell said:
As to closing the picks when they did? Can't see how they could do anything else, unless they just nullified the KC/MIA game.
That is exactly what they should have done!

vipe said:
However, I don't think waiting for "last minute injury reports" is a good excuse for not making your ENTIRE pick set.
This is the third year I've done pools and last minute has never been an issue. I've always looked things over on Friday evening, made prelim picks on Saturday and fine tuned any picks as needed up to as close as 5 or 10 minutes before kickoff. This is the first time my picks weren't in. This is also the first time a game was moved to an earlier date & time at the last minute.

Live & learn I guess!

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I am not just going to make the decision, up to this point everybody says no so we wont do it......

thats fine, i just want to do what is easiest for everybody that everybody can agree on....

CMT

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vipe said:
I'm cool with whatever Clay decides to do. However, I don't think waiting for "last minute injury reports" is a good excuse for not making your ENTIRE pick set.

IMHO the last minute injury repprt is why I was kicking ass again this season, I follow the NFL players as close as I due the team as a whole. I can almost bet you some people place there picks on Tuesday right after all the games are over. A team thats 5-0 does not mean they will win every week just beause they are good.
I will just have to see how far behind this puts me and watch the players closer. There is a reason I'm good at my picks and I don't think it is always luck.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
CMT said:
IMHO the last minute injury repprt is why I was kicking ass again this season, I follow the NFL players as close as I due the team as a whole. I can almost bet you some people place there picks on Tuesday right after all the games are over. A team thats 5-0 does not mean they will win every week just beause they are good.
I will just have to see how far behind this puts me and watch the players closer. There is a reason I'm good at my picks and I don't think it is always luck.
Again, none of this stops you from making preliminary picks early on. That's what I did. I certainly would have changed somethings around if it weren't for the Friday game, but so be it.

Clay, I have no problem with them putting picks in. If everyone else says no, I can certainly understand that. I just want to make sure that regardless of what we do this week, everyone understands from here on out that you have your picks in or you do without. :dunno: