What's new

Figurado October 2018

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I'm declaring October to be the month of Figurado appreciation. Everybody loves Lancero February, and why not; it's a great month for smoking great sticks. But how about we show some love for the other difficult to roll vitolas? Salamones, perfectos, culebras...hell, even Torpedos, pirimades, and belis are all included. These vitolas are works of art and they deserve their own month.

To celebrate proper, I'm burning one of every figurado I have in my stash & posting it in this thread, and I want you to do the same.

To make it official I'm running a contest all month. At the end of October, I will pick 3 entrants at random and they will win a premium 5 pack of smokes + one of these bad boys

So who's in?

What is a figurado? - http://www.botl.org/threads/figurado-october-2018.93980/#post-2076816

CONTEST RULES

*To enter post a picture of your smoke as well as the brand/name/marca. The stick must be burning so we know your actually smoking it.

*You may submit one entry every day between October 1 and October 31, for a maximum of 31 entry's per person. Any entry's submitted before or after the contest dates are cute, but will not be counted.

*Each submission to the contest must be a different cigar. For example, If you smoke 25 Flor de las Antilles Torpedos and post the pics you will get 1 entry into the contest, not 25! An exception will be made for different vitolas from the same brand (e.g. Partagas culebra and presidente will each get you an entry even though they are from the same marca.)

*Contest is open to any member in good standing on BOTL.

*Winners will be chosen by random number generator and be posted in the Contest forum sometime after October 31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
This seems like something I can get in on. Just need to remember to post it here and the Today’s smoke thread....

You’ve just made me realize I’ve never smoked nor own any figurados?! How’s it possible? I have to check my wino again lol
You’ve set yourself up for annihilation. And hopefully it’ll land at your new mailbox.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
This seems like something I can get in on. Just need to remember to post it here and the Today’s smoke thread....

You’ve set yourself up for annihilation. And hopefully it’ll land at your new mailbox.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk
Lol that’s not what I was going for, I just really was shocked by the realization

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Ahhhhhhh I think I may have been confused damn noob in me still shows sometimes
I was going to say, never even a fuente hemingway?

There are two types of cigatrs basically: Parejo and Figurado. A Parejo has straight sides and a rounded head, like probably 95% of the cigars you smoke. A Figurado is pretty much anything that tapers on the sides.

Here is a quick list of vitolas that would count:

Torpedo, Pirimade, Belicoso, chisel, 109, Salomon, Flying Pig, Diadema, Perfecto, culebra.

Visual aid below.

Last edited: