What's new

Finally taking my honeymoon!

SecretSanta

Happy Fat Man
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Congratulations!

We cruise Holland America about twice a year. From 7 day up to a 24 day cruise once.

In Grand Turk they have an excursion called Snuba. It's in between snorkeling and scuba diving. We loved it! No certification required and you could go down and stay at 20'. It looks a bit sketchy getting to the dive area but it's been one of the better excursions.

Be careful in Costs Maya. Rip offs galore. Don't eat the street vendor food!

You can pick up CC's on Grand Cayman. A shop called Churchill's by Jimmy Buffets's Margarittaville carries them. They are legit and fair priced. Shipping available too. ;)

As far as laundry goes, HAL offers a general laundry deal for like $99 per cabin per cruise. If you send items out piecemeal then you pay hotel laundry prices of like $8 per T-shirt and $12 per pants. My wife loves getting this on longer cruises as you can pack less and go home with mostly clean clothes instead of a mountain of laundry. Get it from the start if you do it. Turnaround time is 36-48 hrs and most things come back on a hangar.

As far as smoking on the ship, I always smoke on the back pool deck. It's the primary spot. Great people watching too as all of the entertainers come out there to burn as well. Bring a torch as a soft flame can hardly light your cigar with the wind! As far as smoking on the balcony, it's legal but I have had neighbors gripe about it. So in order to keep peace and smoke out of the room I go to the pool deck. Better views too ;).

Make sure to book a dinner at The Pinnacle Grill one evening. You can do this in advance (highly recommended) and let them know it's a special occasion. It's like a $25 up charge but usually worth it. They also have one feature dinner there called La Nouba (sp?). The up charge is a lot more and not at all worth it in my opinion. They hype it up though.

You will likely get to see Gitmo Bay and the southeast shoreline of Cuba. It's a spectacular view if you do.

If you have any cruise questions feel free to PM me. I've spent nearly 100 nights on HAL and my inlaws are approaching 350!

I'm a fan of the motion sickness patches that go behind the ear. Dr prescribed. Usually a half of one lasts me 4 days or so and I'm over 200 lbs.

Someone mentioned room service coffee. HAL has good room service coffee and all room service is free (except alcoholic beverages)!

Have a super time most of all and really enjoy this time with your wife!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Congratulations!

We cruise Holland America about twice a year. From 7 day up to a 24 day cruise once.

In Grand Turk they have an excursion called Snuba. It's in between snorkeling and scuba diving. We loved it! No certification required and you could go down and stay at 20'. It looks a bit sketchy getting to the dive area but it's been one of the better excursions.

You can pick up CC's on Grand Cayman. A shop called Churchill's by Jimmy Buffets's Margarittaville carries them. They are legit and fair priced. Shipping available too. ;)

As far as laundry goes, HAL offers a general laundry deal for like $99 per cabin per cruise. If you send items out piecemeal then you pay hotel laundry prices of like $8 per T-shirt and $12 per pants. My wife loves getting this on longer cruises as you can pack less and go home with mostly clean clothes instead of a mountain of laundry. Get it from the start if you do it. Turnaround time is 36-48 hrs and most things come back on a hangar.

As far as smoking on the ship, I always smoke on the back pool deck. It's the primary spot. Great people watching too as all of the entertainers come out there to burn as well. Bring a torch as a soft flame can hardly light your cigar with the wind! As far as smoking on the balcony, it's legal but I have had neighbors gripe about it. So in order to keep peace and smoke out of the room I go to the pool deck. Better views too ;).

Make sure to book a dinner at The Pinnacle Grill one evening. You can do this in advance (highly recommended) and let them know it's a special occasion. It's like a $25 up charge but usually worth it. They also have one feature dinner there called La Nouba (sp?). The up charge is a lot more and not at all worth it in my opinion. They hype it up though.

You will likely get to see Gitmo Bay and the southeast shoreline of Cuba. It's a spectacular view if you do.

If you have any cruise questions feel free to PM me. I've spent nearly 100 nights on HAL and my inlaws are approaching 350!

I'm a fan of the motion sickness patches that go behind the ear. Dr prescribed. Usually a half of one lasts me 4 days or so and I'm over 200 lbs.

Someone mentioned room service coffee. HAL has good room service coffee and all room service is free (except alcoholic beverages)!

Oops! Cover busted. LOL! That was meant to be from my normal login but Tapatalk got me!

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
i just took a 5 day cruise to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Dunn River falls in Jamaica is great and 7 mile beach in the Grand Cayman is very nice, like a pool. Across the street from where you dock in GC is a LCDH, singles carry duty tax but you get better prices with boxes of course. the churchills Santa mentioned is around the corner from the LCDH.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Congratulations!

That was a ton of great great information! If I have any other questions before the trip I will be sure to ask. Quick one though… Any other legit CC shops?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
There are two others on Grand Cayman, however I like the price, service and location of Churchills the best. If you look in the port main duty free shop you can probably find some but selection will be limited and price will be high. I stopped looking a few years ago. Im not 100% sure if they have CC's. Definitely don't bother in Mexico. The "legit" shop there is high priced and I'm pretty sure has some fakes too. I typically bring onboard everything that I want to smoke plus a few extras and then pick up some CC's on Grand Cayman. Remove the labels before coming home. :)

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Have a great time. My wife and I basically took one vacation, our honeymoon, before she wanted kids. Vacations just aren't the same with kids. They are fun with the kids, but just not the same. Enjoy yourselves.