What's new

First Box Purchase

awhitaker

HoosierOTL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take the cello off only because I feel the cigars will acclimate and age better laying against cedar shelves or other cigars compared to plastic. A good visual explanation would be if you took a tea bag and put it into a partially sealed zip lock bag and placed it into a glass of water, it would take longer for the tea to seep and spread throughout the water compared to a tea bag that wasn't in a ziplok bag. I don't worry about banging my sticks around once they get to my home.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Congrats on your first box purchase. I would just put your box in the humidor as is and not worry about beetles - sticks came from a reputable source and your humidor should keep things just fine.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Congrats on your first box purchase. Nice cigars to start with.

Ckeck for any damage and then put in humidor. Just watch your temp and humidity and enjoy the smokes.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i go for the half cello on, half cello off. the best of both worlds!!!
So which half do you leave on, the head or the foot? :devil:

Congrats on your first box dude. I remember how excited I was when my first showed up. To be honest, I get almost as excited every time a new one shows up. JJ Maduros are great, and helped in making me a bit of a Pepin whore.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Nothing need be done. You don't have to take the cello off, but can if you wish (it's nicer for trades/gifts/etc if you leave it on).

By the way, nice choice for your first box! I should really pull one of those out myself ...

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Yep. Great first box. Congrats. Slippery slope tho. Next you start thinking, "It would be really cool to LEAVE the cigars in the box". Boom. You make a cooledor. This fills quickly and boom, you make a second. Suddenly you realize what a pain it is to deal with all these ice chests and boom a humidor... and on and on...

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
nice first box purchase...man, it seems like only yesterday that I made my first box purchase...now, I'm a little out of control!

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I think the next box I purchase will most likely be a box of Don Tomas Clasicos.

Can't beat the quality and price.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Congrats! Your first box purchase was a much better choice than mine was (although admittedly Pepin wasn't making cigars here back then) my first was a box of CAOs.

I used to love the JJ Maddies, but I haven't had one in probably a year and a half. Might have to pick some up sometime. Thanks for the reminder on a great stick!

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
haha thanks guys.

Stroke, Yes it is a very slippery slope. Spent probably a little too much money on the "hobby".

Greek, thanks man.

Sheep, If your addy wasn't hidden I might have to share... send me a PM.