What's new

First box purchase!!

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Save your first box I always wish I had the first box I bought but then I remember what I bought and Im glad I dont. But you have a great stick to start with there enjoy.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Save your first box I always wish I had the first box I bought but then I remember what I bought and Im glad I dont. But you have a great stick to start with there enjoy.
gotta ask now: what was it? c'mon, everyone starts somewhere!

FWIW, mayorga maduro robusto here. $40 worth of chocolate-looking goodness at the time, felt like a boss! tried to revisit it, BIG mistake. my palate has changed a lot, but they didn't suck that hard in 2000.

and OP, kudos on the first box! and i heard the jose siejas were pretty good too!

Last edited:

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The first box is always a cool moment as I still remember mine. You got some goodies for your first. Mine was a box of AF Chateau naturals. Can't smoke them now at all!

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
It's definitely a cool moment. My first "big" purchase was a bundle of FdO Corojos, which was pretty meh. My first "real" purchase was a box of Dirty Rats, which I ironically no longer have and didn't smoke a single one LOL

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
gotta ask now: what was it? c'mon, everyone starts somewhere!

FWIW, mayorga maduro robusto here. $40 worth of chocolate-looking goodness at the time, felt like a boss! tried to revisit it, BIG mistake. my palate has changed a lot, but they didn't suck that hard in 2000.

and OP, kudos on the first box! and i heard the jose siejas were pretty good too!
Rocky Patel Lanceros!

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
My first was a box of Thomas Hinds -Dominican.... (Boutiquish brand during the boom of the late 90's)

2nd Box- Mi Barrio last year...

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
My first box purchase was of Padilla Series '68 Robusto's. Smoked my last one the other day. I really like them, too bad they're being discontinued as of this year. :(

Of course that was only about 5 months ago, so I still have the box (along with a few others I've purchased since then). What a long, strange, wet, slippery slope it's been! ;)

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
My first was a box of Thomas Hinds -Dominican.... (Boutiquish brand during the boom of the late 90's)

2nd Box- Mi Barrio last year...
Still very much around tho not sure if they are available in the states. Thomas Hinds is a Tobacco shop that started in Winnipeg and now also has a shop in Toronto. They are kinda a house brand to them but as they are one of the larger importers of cigars here in Canada they end up every where. Used to sell very well for us as a budget brand for quite a few years now only occasionally bring then in.

My first box actually bought 2 at once were Romeo #2s and Upmann Corona minors. If you find a good box I still love the corona minors too.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Was gifted a box of Cohiba Esplendidos a long time ago which was my first box (although not my first box purchase.)

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
First box for me was RP Rosado Torpedos. I rememer everything, including the $153 in taxes I had to pay on them. Learned the hard way that if you order from the wrong site, they aren't as helpful in getting stuff across the border. That turned me off from ordering anything else for about 2 years as I was afraid/couldn't find a good vendor.
Oh yeah, I still have 2 from that box left around. They have 7 years age on them, which doesn't really help with mild-bodied cigars anyways, but kind of a reminder to myself.