What's new

First cups o black dog

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So, Earlier this week, I ordered from Black dog.
I ordered 2 flavors of beans, a little grinder, a gold cup filter, and a mug.
It all arrived this morning, when I was supposed to be paying attention to ted's competition, instead i got distracted and started grinding some beans.
fun and relaxing.
I heated some water, and let my first cup filter slow.
I added no sugar or milk, just drank as is.
Very nice aroma, good flavor. Not as strong as I hoped, but that was remedied by using more coffee on my second cup.
Both delicious.
Great freakin coffee, and I like the small fresh seal coffee bags 2.
My first grind was Sumatra, great taste. I am excited to try my yemenite in a a few days.
I will enjoy this as my morning coffee for the forseable future. (Although I may try that tatuaje coffeee mentioned as well one day)

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Hey Smurf.

I am a big coffee drinker but never really went in search of the elite side of it. Where is it that you gents buy this stuff and what are the suggestions. Would appreciate the feedback.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Black Dog Coffee is outstanding, he is one the Sponsors , Brian has some very good deals, try the sampler's....I have been going to Brian for almost a year, I've bought a grinder, coffee cups and LOTS of Coffee....Try it bro..:thumbsup:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Black Dog is one of the sponsors here. This is freakin GREAT coffee and reasonably priced imo also!! I love it!!

I lean toward the Sumatra Mandheling and the Costa Rican Monte Cristol. Both are outstanding. And Brian is a true BOTL also!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Black Dog was the first fresh roasted coffee I had tried. Incredible how the fresh roasted totally changes the flavor profiles. Been roasting at home for over a year- I don't have the consistency that Brian does, but lets me try many different beans and just starting to make a few blends.

Black Dog is easier and more consistent than home roasted (just not as much fun).

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Wow.

Got my first shipment of Black Dog. Went with the sampler to get a perspective on what the rave was all about.

And I must say. That is some Sh-t. Good Sh-t. Had the Sumatra Mandheling this morning and it was a wonderful change. Not being much of the coffee conisuer. I think, like this fine website, that I am now hooked. Can't wait for the next cup.

Cheers to the Boys at Black Dog

Dogwatch Dale

Herfcastin' BotL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the sumatra Mendhandling if my favorite. but they have all been very good cant wait to try the new kind
Would that be the new DogWatch Dark? It is one magnificent coffee! I just ordered 3 bags. Of course, I am a tad bit biased, but it really is fine stuff if you like your coffee a bit more "on the Dark Side"........

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
lol... Dale will be just like Bob now and say throughout the podcast.. "Having some of my great Black Dog Coffee." hehe...More folks will be drinking... hehe.

BTW, nice going Brian!!! I'm going to have to try some!!