What's new

First cups o black dog

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Nothing like two mugs of blackdog to start the morning. I'm finishing up a four cup pot of Tanzanian Peaberry. It's my favorite bean so far, with the Sumatra at second. I've tried almost every flavor available in the past two months. My next order will be Sumatra and Peaberry with some Dogwatch blend to give that a try.

I'm going to try and convert a coffee drinker here to blackdog this weeked. I'm such a pusher with this coffee and cigars!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I generally roast my own, but due to time restrictions that also involved bad weather at the same time I was about out of fresh roast a couple of times and wound up ordering from Brian twice so far. Got some Costa Rican Monte Cristol and Guat Antigua the first go round. Next time due to the same circumstances I grabbed some more Costa Rican as well as some Yemen Mocca Sanani. Every bag has been outstanding.

The main reason I like Brian's beans over most pre-roasted beans out there is because he roasts them closer to the roast profile that I also roast mine to. I would call them a Full City to a Full City + with basically no oil on the beans at all. At least that is how the four bags I have ordered have come. As I said, it is some outstanding coffee and I will be ordering more when the time comes, the need arises, and I just can't get some of my greenies roasted. With 100# or so on hand I need to be a roasting but it sure is awfully easy to just place an order with Black Dog.

Bottom line.....exceptional coffee at a very reasonable price. You can't go wrong and I would easily say that any coffee ordered from Brian will more than satisfy the palate.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black Dog Coffee is outstanding, he is one the Sponsors , Brian has some very good deals, try the sampler's....I have been going to Brian for almost a year, I've bought a grinder, coffee cups and LOTS of Coffee....Try it bro..:thumbsup:
Was just checking out Brians website. I think I will try a bag of the Sumatra Mandheling- sounds pretty awesome, looks like their temporarily out of the coffee cup and their grinders... will have to check that out later. Always looking for a better cup of coffee!! Can anyone tell me about their grinders???.. mine is an old Braun, I've had for 8-9 years, I know the right kind of grinder is important for extracting the flavor from the bean.

Last edited:
Rating - 94.4%
20   1   1
I reciently recieved some Black Dog Coffee and I love it. I don't even drink coffee but it is great!!! I might have to order more really soon.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
LOL, we're sitting here in the hotel room getting ready to leave, we got the last room in the place and it's on the top floor, the Executive Level, free room service so we ordered coffee and a muffin. As I sip my coffee, I say to Linda, man, I can't wait to get home and have a real cup of coffee, she agrees. Black Dog rocks.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I think I may order the sampler pack. That way I can see which ones I like. I'm going to nee to grab a coffee grinder.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I'm not knocking Black Dog Coffee because I haven't had the pleasure of trying it....yet.

I wakeup drinking coffee and go to bed drinking coffee, here is a place that has great coffee....

http://www.larrysbeans.com/

All of his coffee is shade grown, certified organic, he uses state of the art bio bags and is a Fair Trade Maverick.

My top three favorites are:

Malabar Triple X, Cowboy Blend and El Jefe Honduran.

Last edited:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I'm not knocking Black Dog Coffee because I haven't had the pleasure of trying it....yet.

I wakeup drinking coffee and go to bed drinking coffee, here is a place that has great coffee....

http://www.larrysbeans.com/

All of his coffee is shade grown, certified organic, he uses state of the art bio bags and is a Fair Trade Maverick.

My top three favorites are:

Malabar Triple X, Cowboy Blend and El Jefe Honduran.
Ah but Black Dog is not only excellent coffee, they are also a sponsor of BOTL as well.