What's new

First habano

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Some Partagas I smoked while on a cruise in summer of '04. Got it from the place in Cozumel.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I had 3 my first time. I had a what I believe to be some sort of bolivar, a MC#2, and a JL#2. By the third, I wanted to throw up...lol. Those JL#2's are no joke. Of course I couldn't show that I was sick. I toughed it out and smoked all three.

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
No such thing but it doesn't really matter.
Wasnt the law that made it illegal to purchase/consume Cuban goods even off of US soil recent? If it has always been that way then you are correct, but I thought that was something new that Bush approved.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Correct. No American Citizen can consume products that originated in Cuba period. Does not matter if you are off American soil.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
pdonlin said:
Wasnt the law that made it illegal to purchase/consume Cuban goods even off of US soil recent? If it has always been that way then you are correct, but I thought that was something new that Bush approved.
Bush actually made it worse for Americans. Before he had his way, Americans could travel in sponsered trips to Cuba. As long as you didn't spend any money on anything it was cool. It was a pain in the ass to get permission for the sponsered trip, but it was possible if you knew how to do it. I think it was more for the agricultural industry than private use.

Now those trips are completely illegal.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
No such thing but it doesn't really matter.

I'm assuming you mean because you were old enough.
yes, your assumption is correct, i turned 18 the day after i got home, and although i was "technically" breaking the law by buying the smokes (oh yeah, i had more than one), i wasnt breaking any italian laws and being in italy at the time it didnt really bother me that much. actually, it wouldnt bother me at all even if i was breaking italian law (re. cigars of course). :eyebrow: