What's new

First Time Dad

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The day came 2 weeks early, but as of Memorial Day I am a first time dad to a 5lb 10oz girl. We just got home from the hospital and both Mom and Baby are doing great. Im looking forward to spending my time off bonding with the little one. A celebration smoke is also in my near future!

P.S. any tips would be graciously accepted!

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Congrats Brother. I second making your wife's life easier. The easier it is for her and the more she is supported the less stressed she will be.

Also, Love every second of the baby stage, they go through it quick. If you get frustrated, there is no issues with putting the baby in a safe place (crib) and taking a second for yourself.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Thanks guys! I've been doing everything I can for my wife. I'm working on my patience as I do get eaily frustrated about things (pre-baby).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is amazing, congrats! My little girl just turned two and like everyone has said, cherish every moment you have with her. it goes by so fast, except that first week, that first week feels like ten years haha

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
My girl turns one next week.. and in this first year, I can tell you that shit moves fast! The first couple of months are pretty chill, especially the first. But things start progressing quickly from there. You'll start to notice DRASTIC improvements/development almost daily! Try to get a routine down, more for you and Mom than anything else, and don't forget pictures! It's hard to remember to catch them as they come, but that's one thing my wife is bummed about. Not enough pictures. Not enough documented milestones. She's trying to record it all in the baby book, but we've missed several key things that needed documentation.. But as far as caring for the baby, well, they're pretty resilient. Lol..
Good luck!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Congrats! Welcome to the brotherhood of fatherhood. Like everyone else has already said -- enjoy every moment, even the sucky ones. My wife and I had our youngest daughter 7 years ago (damn, I can't believe it's already been 7 years). All in the same week, I started a new full-time job, started Grad School, and my wife had the baby. I was so overwhelmed with the other things, that I feel like I didn't really enjoy her as a baby. So, relish it. Even when she keeps you up all night, just try to enjoy the time with her. It's easier said than done, and there will def be moments when you will wonder how you can keep it all together, but remember -- billions of fathers have done it before you, so you can survive it too!