What's new

flavored cigars

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
CAO moon trance and Eileen's dream are pretty good. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I keep these on hand for the wife. That being said, I've been known to smoke one from time to time from her stash and they are very good with great construction and quality. I really enjoy the Eileen's dream pipe tobacco.

Been years since I've had an acid and been thinking of buying the sampler tin. Just can't seem to find one for under $50.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Atlantic Cigar tends to have pretty low prices on the Acid line. Every now and then the tin goes on a sale putting it at about the $40 mark IIRC. I've never really shopped around for Acids so there might be cheaper places but they are pretty low there.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Atlantic Cigar tends to have pretty low prices on the Acid line. Every now and then the tin goes on a sale putting it at about the $40 mark IIRC. I've never really shopped around for Acids so there might be cheaper places but they are pretty low there.
Yeah, I've never really searched them out either. Thanks for the tip. For some reason (I'm yet to find what that reason is), I've been itching to try an acid again.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I mostly like mildly sweet cigars, like Swisher or Tampa Sweets, where mostly it's the cap or wrapper that's sweetened. I'm not a fan of the Black and Mild type but I like to try new things.

Coffee or chocolate sounds good, I'll look into that.

Has anyone tried the premium Swisher cigars?
The difference with BnM is that they are made with a large dose (if not all) Cavendish pipe tobacco. It is a completely different type of tobacco processed in a very different way. It is usually Burley or Virginia tobacco that has been steamed to speed fermenting and bring out the natural sugars. Then it is soaked or pressed in liquid flavoring to add the non tobacco flavors.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went and smoked an Eileen's Dream cigarillo at the local cigar lounge. Very good cigar, though too costly to be a daily smoker for me. I was actually looking for a cheaper cigar but that was as cheap as they had. ED was not too sweet at all, it was just right, like a Swisher, but better (more of a cap tight sweetness than a goopy B&M sweetness). And the flavor blended with the tobacco very well, there was nothing weird tasting about it. Whoever blended the cigar was a genius. Damn, just thinking about it they were so good I might have to start selling crack or something to pay for an Eileen's Dream habit... hahahhah!

Whenever I've smoked Black and Milds I always get a horrible burnt taste, like overheating pipe tobacco, I don't understand why these cigars are so popular.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
IMO, Drew Estate really does rule this category. Get a DE sampler from one of the online vendors. This will keep the costs much lower than that single you bought at the lounge and allow you to try more without breaking the bank.
My first cigar was a gifted ACID Deep Dish, and I went through most of the ACID line early on. For me, the blue labels were where it's at, although I did like the Natural and the Opulence 3 as well. Never did try any of the Java or Tabak. The Opulence 3 is kind of a nice midway point between DE's ACID line and their LP brands. I couldn't stomach any of the CAO, Tatiana, or other infused that I tried, but I guess that's part of what's so great about our hobby, the choices available. What works for someone else might not be a good fit for you, but finding your sweet spot is half the fun. Enjoy!

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Big fan of the DE Tabak Especial dulce, have one of those every now and again. Famous always has good samplers of them or 5er for a good price.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gifted with some Acid cigars... I have no idea what the various names mean on the labels. What is the Acid natural, exactly?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I was gifted with some Acid cigars... I have no idea what the various names mean on the labels. What is the Acid natural, exactly?
The natural is not infused but is made with a mix of pipe tobacco making it quite arromatic. They do however have a sweetened tip.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, the local cigar lounge doesn't have Swisher Premiums. Maybe asking about stuff will get them to stock it. I do miss places like the Tinder Box that had lots of cheaper cigar brands.