What's new

flavored cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had one but could be.
Black and Mild is the second most popular cigar in the US, next to Swisher, in terms of sales... you should try one just for the experience. They tend to dry out on convenience store shelves, though. They taste more like black Cavendish pipe tobacco than cigar leaf. I'm not the biggest fan- I like Swishers better as far as cheap cigars go (now not so cheap thanks to SCHIP).

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I went and smoked an Eileen's Dream cigarillo at the local cigar lounge. Very good cigar, though too costly to be a daily smoker for me. I was actually looking for a cheaper cigar but that was as cheap as they had. ED was not too sweet at all, it was just right, like a Swisher, but better (more of a cap tight sweetness than a goopy B&M sweetness). And the flavor blended with the tobacco very well, there was nothing weird tasting about it. Whoever blended the cigar was a genius. Damn, just thinking about it they were so good I might have to start selling crack or something to pay for an Eileen's Dream habit... hahahhah!

Whenever I've smoked Black and Milds I always get a horrible burnt taste, like overheating pipe tobacco, I don't understand why these cigars are so popular.
If you are a fan of the Eileen's Dream, have you thought about going down the slippery slope of the pipe side of life? The cost on pipe tobacco is so much lower than the cost of cigars. In addition, there are so many different Aro's that you can get into.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
I'd second all of the comments about the natural and tabak from drew. Especially if you want strength and flavor. The natural dirt has a great sweetness and strength, the tabak has some great coffee/coca flavor and is definately med/full by the mid point of the smoke. The Isla del sol and tabak are basically the same smoke at two different price points.

The nub cafe series is also an option, although the general concensus is that they taste more chemically than the tabak or Isla del sol.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
When I'm in the mood, nothing is better than a Java Mint from Drew/Rocky. Man that is good. Also, love the Tabak Especial Cafe con Leche and Red Eye. I was at a DE event and thought what the heck I've never tried an Acid and I had been intrigued by the Cold Infusion Tea so I picked one up. It was really enjoyable. I could see a cup of iced green tea and that cigar going nicely in the warm weather. As it's currently snowing and 15 degrees here in Upstate Indiana it may be a while before I get to try this out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are a fan of the Eileen's Dream, have you thought about going down the slippery slope of the pipe side of life?
I have been a pipe smoker for years, and smoked a lot more pipe tobacco than cigars. It's just ATM I prefer smoking cigars.

In term of pipe tobaccos I really like smoking strong stuff like Dunhill's Royal Yacht, Five Brothers, Cornell and Diehl's 3 Friars, that sort of thing. The only American aromatics I really like are from Edward's, like Scottish Moore or Good Companion, because the aromatic flavoring is mild and the tobacco has a lot more body to it. I'm not really a fan of Captain Black or anything similar.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I would echo the same as others here, for the price the isla del sol is hard to beat, java, tabak especial, de naturals, Tatianas are good at what they are and though I don't really care for infused cigars I would still smoke one of those, I think I have some isla del sol left somewhere

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
Any suggestions for premium flavored cigars?

I smoke Swisher Sweets occasionally (I prefer the blunt size) but I would be curious if there are any cigars out there that aren't so mild. Or are most flavored cigars mild as a rule? Any suggestions would be fine, etiher premium or machine-made.

I do know La Aurora has some flavored machine-made cigars that are stronger blended but I've never tried them, only the unflavored coronas.

Years ago I tried an Avanti but I didn't care for the anisette flavoring.
PM me your address and I'll send you a bunch of Tabaks. Sounds like you'd like them.

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
I mostly like mildly sweet cigars, like Swisher or Tampa Sweets, where mostly it's the cap or wrapper that's sweetened. I'm not a fan of the Black and Mild type but I like to try new things.

Coffee or chocolate sounds good, I'll look into that.

Has anyone tried the premium Swisher cigars?
Are you just kidding by chance?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had another Eileen's Dream today, me and my wife stopped at the cigar lounge for her birthday and I bought her one of her own. The cigarillo size for about 3 bucks (seems a bit steep honestly but I'm not that cheap). The draw on mine was just terrible, not enough smoke. Are the ED's in the tube overhumidified? I loved the flavor but it was only good when I got halfway through the smoke.

Mathson

alphacigar_justin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of a newb here and I've discovered that cold-drawing on a good cigar is really enjoyable! No one ever told me this but it just sorta happened yesterday. It was a cigar that had just gone out. So it was still kind of warm but not producing smoke, and it was an awesome experience... The cigar wasn't infused, it was just an LFD La Nox. But yeah, I can see how cold drawing on an infused cigar would be nice too