What's new

Florida: Meetup and Travel Advice

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
They moved our National Sales Meeting from Portland, Maine to Orlando, Florida this year.

I am going to fly in four days early for some down time.

Where should I go?

Daytona, Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach or should I fly into Miami and then drive up to Orlando for the meeting?

I will be arriving on Feb 11th my meeting is the 15th - 18th

All and any advise welcome.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Nice Cigar shop at Universal.......could get with Jwrussell and check out Ybor City.......Tampa Sweethearts....

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Considering its about 250 miles from ft. Lauderdale to orlando, its up to you.

I would fly in to miami, go around calle ocho, then work my way up to orlando. Daytona sucks when it isn't bike week. Tampa is cool, but you can do that in a few hours.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Considering its about 250 miles from ft. Lauderdale to orlando, its up to you.

I would fly in to miami, go around calle ocho, then work my way up to orlando. Daytona sucks when it isn't bike week. Tampa is cool, but you can do that in a few hours.
It's like 200 miles tops, but still a drive.

Starting in Miami and working your way up isn't a bad idea. I personally hate being in Miami, but most people like it.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Make sure to hit up Corona Cigar in Orlando. Downtown location is nice for people watching but I prefer Sandlake because it's a little quieter.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Sandlake is great, but they don't have their liquor license yet, so only beer/wine. Downtown has a great selection of single malts, cognac, and they make a great old fashioned.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Theribdoctor got it pretty much nailed. Kinda depends on what you are looking for. Obviously you can spend all kinds of time and money at the parks in Orlando, but other than that the place is a tourist trap and kinda junky if you aren't in specific areas. Some GREAT golf courses though. Orange County National is not far from there and that is where they hold Q-school.

Starting in Miami and working your way up isn't a bad idea, but really, it's pretty much Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and then road until you get to Orlando. As has been said, the Daytona area really has nothing to offer unless it is bike week or you are in your 20's and it is Spring Break.

Be sure to let me know if you make it to Tampa, would love to get together for a smoke.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Here is the plan:

I am going to fly in to Orlando on Saturday the 12th. I am going to play golf on Sunday the 13th and Monday the 14th. I have meetings Tuesday - Friday. Then I am going to rent a car and drive down to South Beach. My wife is going to fly in and meet me there and we will fly out of Miami on Tuesday.

If anyone wants to play golf on Sunday or Monday in Orlando it would be great or meet up for a smoke after.

Then I can sneak away for around four hours or so anytime in South Beach. I would love to hook up with some brothers if any of you have any time, let me know.