What's new

Flying with a box tomorrow?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be flying from Houston to Atlanta tomorrow. Want to take a opened box with a mix of Habanos. Will I have any issues? Sorry if this has been covered, but I didn't see this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What he said. Plus, even before law changes, you would've been totally fine.

And I would suggest to keep the cigars with you in carry on.
Worst case scenario would be simply removing the bands and using something other than a Cuban box. None of which is needed these days.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I've done this multiple times without any issues. Like Ryan said, put them in your carry on.
What's the reasoning behind this?

I usually keep 3 or 4 with me and my travel dor in me check-in. No issues so far.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am not sure if the lady at security was looking at the cigars or the cutter but she did run my carry on through multiple times. After that there were no questions asked. Thanks fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Has anyone else had their traveldor fuse shut due to pressure change while carrying on. Trying to pry that sucker open after my last flight was a pain in the ass. Lol

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Has anyone else had their traveldor fuse shut due to pressure change while carrying on. Trying to pry that sucker open after my last flight was a pain in the ass. Lol
Yes. Every time. If you wait a couple hrs, it loosens up.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
What's the reasoning behind this?

I usually keep 3 or 4 with me and my travel dor in me check-in. No issues so far.
I have traveled with cigars in checked baggage and carry on. Either way is fine. I do recommend keeping your lighter and cutter in your carry on though. I recently "lost" a lighter and cutter in my checked baggage.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
I have traveled with cigars in checked baggage and carry on. Either way is fine. I do recommend keeping your lighter and cutter in your carry on though. I recently "lost" a lighter and cutter in my checked baggage.
Interesting, I got my cutter and lighter taken from me in my carry on.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Interesting, I got my cutter and lighter taken from me in my carry on.
Cutters should not be taken away and soft flame lighters are usually fine.

I got my maxijet taken away in Toronto from my checked baggage after a "random" check.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Cutters should not be taken away and soft flame lighters are usually fine.

I got my maxijet taken away in Toronto from my checked baggage after a "random" check.
happened a couple of years ago on my way to San Diego. guillotine cutter and butane lighter were both taken from me. Haven't put a cutter or lighter in my carry on since.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
happened a couple of years ago on my way to San Diego. guillotine cutter and butane lighter were both taken from me. Haven't put a cutter or lighter in my carry on since.
http://brizardandco.com/t/trilogy---cutters

I have one of those on my keychain and while it does get looked at, they've never taken it away. I usually carry a djeep or bic and a cutter also.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So basically we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. I hate tsa so much. More than cartman hates Stan.