What's new

For Brother's new to Bourbon

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Thanks! I actually don't read his blog but I am a subscriber to their Youtube Channel. They are a prime example of being underrated but possessing the talent and the ability to captivate their audiences without droning on and on like some others (WhiskyBitch and Whiskey Blooded to name two.) They also don't come across as pompous or know-it-all's like the guys at "Whiskey Vault" (at least one of those guys is a complete knob head).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVZCqh4uukiHNcyhmpgH-hQ

I actually hardly disagree with any of their reviews, they are pretty much spot on with my tastes and likes. Although I disagree with their review of Woodford Reserve Rye. I did not really enjoy mine as it was my first ever Rye experience and I was extra careful what I chose....but not careful enough it seems. I should've chose Rittenhouse BIB (Bottle in Bond)
I subscribed to their YT, was thinking of getting some "airplane" bottles of some bourbon, and follow along with them, maybe start at their #1 and go from there.......i know a lot of stuff will be HTF considering that was 3-4yrs ago, but would be fun.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I subscribed to their YT, was thinking of getting some "airplane" bottles of some bourbon, and follow along with them, maybe start at their #1 and go from there.......i know a lot of stuff will be HTF considering that was 3-4yrs ago, but would be fun.
Sounds like an exciting plan. The only thing I would say is that their reviews are quite literally all over the place. I think for the first time in 3 years they finally got around to reviewing Knob Creek Small Batch 100 Proof.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Sounds like an exciting plan. The only thing I would say is that their reviews are quite literally all over the place. I think for the first time in 3 years they finally got around to reviewing Knob Creek Small Batch 100 Proof.
I did find a bourbon tasting sheet via breaking bourbon, maybe I'll just do my own

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
New to bourbon and thank you for this. I have had Tom foolerys blantons and buffalo trace all have been very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just an update, been about a year into the bourbon game and still find myself going towards the buffalo trace, eagle's rare, and blantons.

Just very solid and smooth.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Awesome, I will try and see if it is at the local Kroger has some. Always looking for something that's a bit more readily available.
It's a go to for me. Plus since each barrel isn't quite the same, you get a little variance bottle to bottle - keeps things interesting

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just an update, been about a year into the bourbon game and still find myself going towards the buffalo trace, eagle's rare, and blantons.

Just very solid and smooth.
Awesome to hear! Have you had a chance to try any of the bolder bourbons like Bookers (which is the most readily available and consistent barrel proof bourbon out there)? i think you would really dig the thick viscous mouthfeel they have to offer.