What's new

Forgot vacation cigars...which to smoke?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So I forgot my 2 cigars I planned for this vacation in Hocking hills Ohio. So I asked around and a gentleman told me krogers was the best place to get them. So my wife went in and just asked the cashier which was best. If never had either of these I heard the acid cigars aren't very good. Which should I smoke first.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Romeo y Julietta 1875 is a nice, well-balanced, medium stick. I like 'em. Be advised, however, that the Kuba Kuba is a very polarizing cigar. It's infused and very sweet. Most guys either like it, or completely hate it. I'm in the latter category ( :vomit: ). But hey...if you like it, keep on smoking it. (y)

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ha ok. I have had a Romeo y julietta before but I don't think it was the 1875. I see what ya mean I took a dry drag on the kuba and the wrap must be soaked in something I'd image cause damn it taste like a candy stick or something.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The infused taste fades as you continue to smoke it I like em
Ya I'll hope for that if the sweetness is this strong it might be a bit much all the way through. I was looking forward to the Arturo fuente gran reserva I set aside, my uncle was talking them up saying they make the Opus x that he says is his favorite. Don't know if it compares but it's a start....plus is an Opus x even findable? Every b&m iv asked say no and they don't seem to be on any sites either.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I loke the blondies there kinda the same but with less wrapper there not as intense. Im not sure on the opus im sure there out there if you do some looking. I always wanted to try the lost city. If the kids go to bed at a decent time tonight ill see if I can find the x s somewhere online for ya. If not you could always post a in search of

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
plus is an Opus x even findable?
They usually come in small batches here and there, and sell out very quickly. Prices in the $17-20+ range for singles on average. Usually when I see them at the B&M, I'll buy 1 or 2 sticks and hold onto them for special occasions. Bear in mind, they are AWESOME. (y) But if you're still in the "newb" category, a world-class stick like that might be lost on an unrefined palate. You might be a few months off from really being able to appreciate one. Just sayin. :)

The Fuente Gran Reserva is one of my favorite sticks, period. Excellent flavor, construction and burn. And try the Short Story too; those are in my Top 5. ;)

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Bear in mind, they are AWESOME. (y) But if you're still in the "newb" category, a world-class stick like that might be lost on an unrefined palate. You might be a few months off from really being able to appreciate one. Just saying.
Haha thanks ya I am definitely still in that category :sorry: been trying to work on my pallet not really sure how except try new cigars.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So I smoked the acid kuba kuba and I thought it was pretty good. After the flavor of the wrap died down off my lips the sweetness wasn't so over whelming. I couldn't place the elbow though other than being very sweet with an almost flower smell and taste. At around the last third maybe the half was I started to get a bit of spice out of it and was much better mix of sweetness and spice. The last bit lost most of the sweetness and had a lot more of the cigar flavor I'm used to. All and all after you get the flavoring off the wrapper it was pretty decent imo though. But as I said not a strong (or even decent) pallet yet.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So I smoked the acid kuba kuba and I thought it was pretty good. After the flavor of the wrap died down off my lips the sweetness wasn't so over whelming. I couldn't place the elbow though other than being very sweet with an almost flower smell and taste. At around the last third maybe the half was I started to get a bit of spice out of it and was much better mix of sweetness and spice. The last bit lost most of the sweetness and had a lot more of the cigar flavor I'm used to. All and all after you get the flavoring off the wrapper it was pretty decent imo though. But as I said not a strong (or even decent) pallet yet.
Try the Kuba Maduro next time. Less sweet, more traditional cigar taste. :)

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Yeah, the kuba is one of the better acids out there and worthy of a smoke from time to time. But, you can see I've stalled on my acid reviews as of late, so that kind of says something of my preference for infused smokes.