What's new

8ball reviews an acid collectors tin (yikes)

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment. After being a part of the dog rocket pass, and having fun with the horrible reviews, I (gasp), bought an acid collectors tin. I really like you guys on BOTL, and thought I'd interject some comedy for you brothers at my expense. Mentions of acid cigars are often followed by :vomit::wtf::dead::hungover::confused:, so this should be fun. This will be an on going thread as it's pretty much 9 cigars, and if I smoked all nine straight, I think I would quite smoking cigars, and we don't want that.

A little background. The last acid I smoked was probably 5-6 years ago when I split a tin with a friend and we had a cigar draft. It's not that I despise infused smokes, I just prefer regular smokes. The last thing I remember is saying that I'd probably never buy one again. So without further adieu, let's look at the (nice?) selection:

Seriously, look at this guy. Ok, sport bikes are cool, but this guy looks like a tool. Can you imagine this guy showing up to a herf? It's like he's purposely trying to look extreme while were all making fun of him in our heads. Braided hair?
Next the inside:

Buckle up boys, this is gonna be an interesting journey. My thanks goes out to famous smoke shop for discounting this tin and honoring the BOTL discount code. All said and done, this only set me back a little over $30.

I'm immediately second guessing myself, but we'll see how this goes. With my work schedule, I'm going to try and review one, maybe two a week. Wish me luck, and I will accept any prayers heading my way.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm immediately second guessing myself, but we'll see how this goes. With my work schedule, I'm going to try and review one, maybe two a week. Wish me luck, and I will accept any prayers heading my way.
Ha ha ha... I would be too. :)

This is going to be fun!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I've not had one for a long while. But I used to smoke them, and used to like them. But that was a time before I'd had a proper cigar. Compared to the gas station machine mades, they were good.

I keep thinking I'd like to revisit one to see if they're as bad as I fear they may be, but its easier and more enjoyable to just smoke a good cigar.

Looking forward to this.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Smoke the Nasty first! Heard nothing but terrible things but have always been intrigued by the shape. Not sure why you would subject your self to this, but just like a train wreck, I will find it hard not to stare at the carnage.
I almost really like the Nasty, I think because it's the least "Acid" of all the Acids. No sweetened tip, even:)

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I am betting that the "toast" will be your "favorite" of the lot, followed by the "infusion"...
Funny you should say that...

Being that acid aren't sold in my country, I have never been expose to them. So a brother included one in a trade, for me to try. And said 'the best is the toast'

I haven't tried it yet, but am very curious

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Smoke the Nasty first! Heard nothing but terrible things but have always been intrigued by the shape. Not sure why you would subject your self to this, but just like a train wreck, I will find it hard not to stare at the carnage.
you sir, are a winner.

Review number one, the nasty.

45 minutes later & I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would name a cigar "nasty". I will say this though, the presentation is cool. A pyramid with a pigtail head and a closed foot is neat. Its a gimmick but looks pretty sweet. It has a smell to it that I can only describe as incense.

First thing i notice is that this cigar is easy to clench in your mouth. It has the tip of a cigarello with the foot of a corona. It certanly smells nice. Its very aromatic but too perfumy.

At this point I start to retrohale. Not good. The first 3rd is infused and sweet, the second two thirds are just boring tobacco. Its just stale at the end and nothing special.

35 or so minutes in, it gets better. Its loosening up and the retrohale is better. The infusion of sweetness is not too overpowering, but it compliments what i would call average to boring tobacco. My main point is this: if this was not infused it would be an average cigar at best. The infusion amazingly is saving this cigar.

Final thoughts and facial expression. Its not that bad, but nothing special. This would be a decent entry for someone that has never smoked a cigar, but nothing I would seek out in the future. Acid score 4/10.