What's new

Forgotten Cigars....

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
What is the cigar you always seem to forget about and then you smoke it and you are blown away?

For me its the DPG Blue Label. I used to love these things, but over the past few years Habanos and other sticks have taken priority. Every time I smoke one I always kick myself for not having/aging more.
+1. had a blue the other day and its still my favorite cigar. the one i had was about three years old. smooooth.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Good one. The VSG, for being as big a name as it is, and as good as it is... It definitely doesn't get talked about much, and I have only ever smoked a few of them. I just always get distracted from them, or pick up something less expensive (I will say, I think the VSG, at least at my locals, is a little overpriced)
Agree on price. Agree that it's often forgotten by me, at least. Somehow I ended up with a box of VSG Wizards. Sits in the back of Humi next to never opened boxes, even though I cracked it open at some point. I need to pull one out and smoke it... they are being neglected.:ccowboy:

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I actually prefer the new sig 32's using Casa Fernandez' Aganorsa leaf. I'm getting tired of the Pepin pepper bombs. The non Pepin's have Padilla written in script on the band.

Pepin

Newer Non Pepin
Good info... thank you. I need to look at my singles more closely to see which ones I'm holding onto.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'm sure there are several, but I'll go with the VSG as well. It's a really unique cigar, and so I don't see myself smoking them often. But every time I do I really enjoy it.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
As to the Padilla 1932 ... I'll start by saying this is one of my favorite cigars.

The cigar is basically the same as it was while Pepin was manufacturing it. The only difference is the factory where they are made (yes, that can make a difference).

Shortly after the switch, many commented on how the Pepin-factory versions were better. But the problem was that those sticks were aged, whereas the non-Pepin-factory 1932s were not.

But there is enough age on the earliest non-Pepin 1932s to make a more accurate comparison, imvho. The aged "new" 1932s are fabulous. I can tell the difference between them and the Pepin-factory versions, though, and like the Pepin-era cigars better. Still, the new ones are so darn good ... and so darn CHEAP ... that this loss is not a big one to me. The differences are slight enough that if you don't smoke a lot of 1932s and someone gave you an aged "new" one, I doubt you'd know the difference.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
As to the Padilla 1932 ... I'll start by saying this is one of my favorite cigars.

The cigar is basically the same as it was while Pepin was manufacturing it. The only difference is the factory where they are made (yes, that can make a difference).

Shortly after the switch, many commented on how the Pepin-factory versions were better. But the problem was that those sticks were aged, whereas the non-Pepin-factory 1932s were not.

But there is enough age on the earliest non-Pepin 1932s to make a more accurate comparison, imvho. The aged "new" 1932s are fabulous. I can tell the difference between them and the Pepin-factory versions, though, and like the Pepin-era cigars better. Still, the new ones are so darn good ... and so darn CHEAP ... that this loss is not a big one to me. The differences are slight enough that if you don't smoke a lot of 1932s and someone gave you an aged "new" one, I doubt you'd know the difference.
Good points and thinking back the Pepin blended sticks also contained Aganorsa leaf as this was when Eduardo still supplied leaf to him.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Every time I burn a Perdomo Edicion de Silvio I'm reminded that Perdomo puts out some damn fine sticks....

The 91 ESV line even...in both the Conneticut and Maduro were some very good cigars IMO. The ESV Regent Conneticut was the 1st stick I recall actually understanding what it meant for a cigar to be truly "creamy".

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
El Rey Del Mundo Flor De Llaneza. It's what turned me on the Sumatra wrappers. I smoked my last a few months ago. Thanks for this thread. It has reminded me what my next purchase needs to be.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
All this talk of VSG's had me go deep into my singles humi and pull a 4+ year old Toro out. I just nub'd it and it is smoking really nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Hmmmm...had to scratch the head on this one. I have to give props to the 601 Blue label from 09 I've had sitting in my humi. I couldn't tell you how the newer ones taste now but after reading this post yesterday, I lit one up last night and wow...what a nice smoke it was.
I'll have to revisit the Padilla 1932 as well!

jebloom22

Master Blend
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just dug out one of several RP 1961 sample handed to me before they were released. At the time, they were a little harsh, but time seems to have been good for them.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Tat Reserva SW. I've got a box of these buried deep in one of my coolers and I never think about them till I'm rooting around for something. I believe I see one of these in my immediate future!:stretchgr

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
LFD Double Ligero Maduro.

Scattered throughout my humidors I have some with over two years on them. Everytime I come across one and light it up, I'm reminded how great these are.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Everytime I find a Tat Havana Cazadores, I get happy :). I found a three year old beauty in my dog-walker drawer about a week ago (not sure how it got filed in that section) and it was fantastic.