What's new

Found some OpusX

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just curious, but what are the more desirable vitolas? The B&M I frequent seems to always have some OpusX in stock, I'm not sure which ones but last time I looked at the prices and the max was about 20 bucks.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Just curious, but what are the more desirable vitolas? The B&M I frequent seems to always have some OpusX in stock, I'm not sure which ones but last time I looked at the prices and the max was about 20 bucks.
The ones you like....

Personally I like the smaller sizes, but that is me. Some would say the more rare they are the more desirable (such as Magnum O, Sharks, etc...), but I smoke em so I want what I like.

And those ones marked up 2X or more in the post above I wouldn't consider desirable. That call em "rare" mark up the shit out of them and wait for the suckers

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I tend to enjoy the petit lanceros, perfection 5s, number 4s and super belicosos, and can usually find some combination of them locally.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The Fuente event is coming to Holts in September so if anyone wants anything let me know. I can usually get anything.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OVTC is another good source I use a lot....Old Virginia Tobacco Company

http://www.ovtc.com/Arturo Fuente Opus X.html#Cigar

As stated on their site...call before ordering so you know if they have stock. I buy a lot of the Reserves and at $16.31 that's a pretty good deal. Perfecxion X goes for $15.19 while the Fuente Fuente goes for $12.38.....these are very affordable prices and I've used these guys for years.
I will vouch for this place too was just there last week.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
IDK about you guys, but I appreciate it when retailers go the extra mile and list the sizes of each stick in their order screen. I have not memorized every stick in every line by name and size :)

Yet...

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
IDK about you guys, but I appreciate it when retailers go the extra mile and list the sizes of each stick in their order screen. I have not memorized every stick in every line by name and size :)

Yet...
while that's nice (actually quite nice, i do agree), memorizing the MSRP's of opus is more important. and kudos to the emerson's crew for actually keeping to it.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Sean, I understand retailers up-charging a little bit as they have to buy a lot of regular product to get Opus. As long they don't jack the prices up too much than I am fine with it. The store I go to increases the price 20% above MSRP. However, I've seen stores do 50-100% above MSRP.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Sean, I understand retailers up-charging a little bit as they have to buy a lot of regular product to get Opus. As long they don't jack the prices up too much than I am fine with it. The store I go to increases the price 20% above MSRP. However, I've seen stores do 50-100% above MSRP.
My B&M (granted, it's in a somewhat tony area of town, and CA tobacco tax, etc.) is one of those that really hikes the Opus. I guess I'm fortunate that they carry a lot of them. But thehn you see guys on here posting stuff from the midwest when they get their Opus stock, and you see $13 for one and you just sigh.

Sigh.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
exactly. factor in local taxes, realize they have a right to get a couple few more points on something prestige, and a couple extra bucks a stick can make sense. and be fair. i just get REALLY burned when people do the latter, just to be greedy a$$holes.