What's new

Found this beauty on CL!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just found this beauty on Craigslist for $50!!!
I know many people would say "well there has to be something wrong with it." Well there is.. The compressor doesn't work, however that's not a problem for me since even in my smaller wineadors, I don't use them for temp control.

I can't wait to start the cleaning and seasoning process and I will post the updates as they happen. Any advice or questions will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright here are the first measurements and specs for getting some cedar lining. This is the best I could do just using paint, lol

I'll be starting the cleaning and prepping tomorrow, I'll keep you guys updated

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Just a suggestion.... If you are going to make drawers. Or have some made for you. Scrap even lining the thing with cedar.
The drawers/shelves will be enough cedar in there to help regulate the humidity and it will save you a ton of money and hassle trying to line the whole thing with cedar.

It is only my opinion, but I would save the money you were going to put towards the materials for lining the whole thing and have a nice set of drawers/shelves made or make them yourself.

Here is the project that I did just as a reference. These things have an amazing seal by the way!!

http://www.botl.org/threads/vinotemp-142-bottle-project.74746/

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Nice catch. I got my 18 bottle wineador second hand as well. I agree with Jonesry and would pitch the lining idea. You just won't need it. There's plenty of lumber in there with the trays you have planned.