What's new

Foundation Cigar Co.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I know it's popped up in a few threads, but I thought it really deserved it's own thread.

I've been dying to know what @NikaNick was up to since he left Drew Estate, and the announcement was made a few days ago that he was launching his own company, Foundation Cigar Co. First release is due out at ICPCR, and I'm mad jealous of those of you who get to go!

http://halfwheel.com/nicholas-melillo-announces-foundation-cigar-co/86858
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/melillo-returns-with-foundation-cigar-co-18199
http://cigar-coop.com/2015/06/cigar-news-nicholas-melillo-launches-foundation-cigar-company.html

NicaNick

Nick~R~Agua
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's popped up in a few threads, but I thought it really deserved it's own thread.

I've been dying to know what @NikaNick was up to since he left Drew Estate, and the announcement was made a few days ago that he was launching his own company, Foundation Cigar Co. First release is due out at ICPCR, and I'm mad jealous of those of you who get to go!

http://halfwheel.com/nicholas-melillo-announces-foundation-cigar-co/86858
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/melillo-returns-with-foundation-cigar-co-18199
http://cigar-coop.com/2015/06/cigar-news-nicholas-melillo-launches-foundation-cigar-company.html
Saludos !

NicaNick

Nick~R~Agua
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been living in Nicaragua since 2003 and as you could only imagine it is a whole different world. It's much different visiting a place than living in a place. If it wasn't for the Nicaraguan people I would never have made it this long. I haven't been apart of the sales and distribution aspect of the cigar world in 12 + years ... THE majority of my time has been spent on the factory floor, in tobacco fields, reviewing bales in warehouses , reviewing fermentation pilons, blending cigars and dedicating my life to providing quality and consistency to cigar smokers around the world.....
I am very excited to continue this journey by forming FOUNDATION CIGAR COMPANY. I wanted this first project to be 100% Nicaraguan Puro (filler, binder, wrapper ) and a reflection of my experience living in Esteli for 12yrs.... We are launching at this years IPCPR in New Orleans and the first boxes will be heading to the states in September. I appreciate everyones support over the years and I very much look forward to you guys trying Foundation Cigars...

Always on the level,
Nick~R~Agua

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have been living in Nicaragua since 2003 and as you could only imagine it is a whole different world. It's much different visiting a place than living in a place. If it wasn't for the Nicaraguan people I would never have made it this long. I haven't been apart of the sales and distribution aspect of the cigar world in 12 + years ... THE majority of my time has been spent on the factory floor, in tobacco fields, reviewing bales in warehouses , reviewing fermentation pilons, blending cigars and dedicating my life to providing quality and consistency to cigar smokers around the world.....
I am very excited to continue this journey by forming FOUNDATION CIGAR COMPANY. I wanted this first project to be 100% Nicaraguan Puro (filler, binder, wrapper ) and a reflection of my experience living in Esteli for 12yrs.... We are launching at this years IPCPR in New Orleans and the first boxes will be heading to the states in September. I appreciate everyones support over the years and I very much look forward to you guys trying Foundation Cigars...

Always on the level,
Nick~R~Agua
Hey, Nick. I read somewhere that you will be using Aganorsa Leaf in your blends in conjunction with Eduardo Fernandez. Will you be working with Arsenio Ramos as well? Looking forward to your new endeavor!

NicaNick

Nick~R~Agua
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice @NicaNick looks like some of that was shot at Oliva Tobacco. Looking forward to running in to you next month.

Here's the video for those that don't want to make "the jump"

Thanks Craig ! Yes many of the shots come from the Oliva Tobacco families warehouses in Esteli. Their facilities are beyond impressive. The Oliva Family have been a huge support over the past 12 years and I am proud to call them friends. I have looked up to Angel Oliva Sr. and John Sr since my first days as a cigar smoker. They are the pioneers of the cigar industry in Nicaragua and Honduras. I shot this video sometime ago. I have been working on some great blends with their Habano Ecuador wrapper and they were kind enough to let me shoot in their facilities.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I remember the group of us from BOTL came down a few years back and got to tour the Oliva Tobacco facilities. I think it was the first time JD had ever been there as well. That place was just massive, going up to the second floor sorting area and seeing huge stacks of tobacco being sorted as far as the eye can see was quite an experience. Everywhere you went it was just stack after stack of beautiful tobacco in all phases of the process. It's a bit spiritual for a Cigar Smoker, like a fat kid at sausage camp.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
I remember the group of us from BOTL came down a few years back and got to tour the Oliva Tobacco facilities. I think it was the first time JD had ever been there as well. That place was just massive, going up to the second floor sorting area and seeing huge stacks of tobacco being sorted as far as the eye can see was quite an experience. Everywhere you went it was just stack after stack of beautiful tobacco in all phases of the process. It's a bit spiritual for a Cigar Smoker, like a fat kid at sausage camp.
quote of the night :)

NicaNick

Nick~R~Agua
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Nick. I read somewhere that you will be using Aganorsa Leaf in your blends in conjunction with Eduardo Fernandez. Will you be working with Arsenio Ramos as well? Looking forward to your new endeavor!
I have the great pleasure of working with Arsenio Ramos. I have known Arsenio for many many years and have worked with him strictly from a tobacco purchasing position... Over the past year I have had the honor to work with him from the factory, blending and production level. He is a wealth of knowledge and I am constantly learning from his life time of experience. It is great to go to work and start the day walking into the factory with a cigar from the production floor , a coffee , and conversation with Arsenio about the last days production.....

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have the great pleasure of working with Arsenio Ramos. I have known Arsenio for many many years and have worked with him strictly from a tobacco purchasing position... Over the past year I have had the honor to work with him from the factory, blending and production level. He is a wealth of knowledge and I am constantly learning from his life time of experience. It is great to go to work and start the day walking into the factory with a cigar from the production floor , a coffee , and conversation with Arsenio about the last days production.....
Awesome, Nick. I am a big fan of Casa Fernandez and Arsenio Ramos. He is truly a legend. I cannot tell you how excited I am to try a Foundation Co. cigar!! Look forward to updates. Best of luck with your new brand. I know it will be a success.