What's new

Foundation Cigar Co.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone smoked a sample of this yet? What does it compare to? When or if I get a chance to get away from my companies' table at the show this will be one of the first tables I visit. This will be my first IPCPR, and most of it will be spent at my booth. However, I do want to want to walk around and sample some new stuff, and this will be one of the tables I want to visit. There hasn't been many new cigars announced yet for the IPCPR, and this seems to be one that will attract a lot of intrigued visitors.
I have... smoked a fresh roll off the factory floor last Wednesday with Nick while we were having dinner together at Cohifer in Esteli... very, very promising!

BR,

STS

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I have... smoked a fresh roll off the factory floor last Wednesday with Nick while we were having dinner together at Cohifer in Esteli... very, very promising!

BR,

STS
You're such a tease lol

Looking forward to chatting with Nick at IPCPR this year, some very exciting things happening in the industry it seems.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What is with the mass exodus from Drew Estates? Did anyone ever discover what happened there?

Best of luck Nick. Besides making a ton of great cigars, PLEASE make a decent cigar for under or around $3 a stick. I'm not expecting a Liga but something with decent flavor that won't be boring. I'm cheap and on a strict budget :)

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What is with the mass exodus from Drew Estates? Did anyone ever discover what happened there?

Best of luck Nick. Besides making a ton of great cigars, PLEASE make a decent cigar for under or around $3 a stick. I'm not expecting a Liga but something with decent flavor that won't be borin. I'm cheap and on a strict budget :)
I hope this doesn't jack the thread, but Swisher International acquired Drew Estate Tobacco Company in October of 2014. I'm not saying that this development was the cause of 'the exodus' you are refering to, but all good things must come to an end, so saith the preacher.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks McSquirelly,

I didn't know that. I can see how the big corporate conglomerates will scare off the artisans.
Thanks

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks McSquirelly,

I didn't know that. I can see how the big corporate conglomerates will scare off the artisans.
Thanks
Honestly, I think it was a sound business decision by Drew Estates. From my understanding of the deal, Swisher assumes full control of the Acid line and all other flavored products, and JD keeps control of the Liga line. Swisher was only interested in the flavored line because of its popularity in Swisher's traditional markets. Swisher also wants to market the brand globally. There are new FDA regulations on the horizon for flavored tobacco in general, and Swisher apparently has a strong lobby in Congress and will be able to navigate through the bullshit. As far as the 'exodus', I don't think the deal was entirely responsible, IMHO. And again, it's none my business either. But just think of the Beatles. They were the greatest band ever. Finally, they reached a point where John, Paul, and George wanted to try other things with other musicians. They hit a wall of excellence and decided to go their own ways. Sure it disappointed some diehard fans but in the end, it made for some amazing music. I'm pretty sure this change at DE is going to make for some pretty damn good cigars in the future.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't think so, it goes to the back story of potentially why Nick and SS left DE to form Foundation and Dunbarton. Interesting though that both Nick and Steve as far as I know had very little to do with the flavored \ infused stuff. It just seems that they both left as DE was still climbing instead of them already being at the top. Now its up to Willie Herrera to formulate the blends.