What's new

Four Kicks LE 2012 (aka Mule Kick)

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
What do you do with a batch of wrapper that’s too dark for your regular line? Use it on a limited-edition cigar with an amped-up blend and a catchy new name.

A batch of too dark wrapper (and a spur-of-the-moment discussion) led to a darker, stronger limited-edition version of Four Kicks that will come to market in early November. It’s called the Mule Kick, and it has a little more punch than the original release.

Four Kicks, owned by Crowned Heads LLC and made by Ernesto Perez-Carrillo in Santiago, Dominican Republic, is a boutique brand made in small quantities and with a good amount of creativity. At the August cigar trade show, Jon Huber and Mike Conder of Crowned Heads were in a discussion with Perez-Carrillo when the talk turned to exercise, and the cigarmaker executed a creative move called a Mule Kick. Huber remarked that it would make a nice name for a cigar.

“It was very spur of the moment,” says Huber. Perez-Carrillo remarked that he had set aside some Ecuador-Habano wrapper because it was too dark for the standard Four Kicks—good cigarmakers strive not only to make cigars that taste the same, but look consistent from cigar to cigar—and the group got to thinking that they could use this darker wrapper leaf on a limited-run cigar. “We added some stronger ligero,” says Huber, had it rolled into a new shape (5 7/8 by 52) and the result is the Four Kicks Mule Kick Limited Edition 2012.

The cigars will come out in 10-count boxes, will have secondary bands reading “Limited Edition 2012” and will retail for about $8.95. They are expected to be out in early November.

“It’s a nice way to end 2012,” said Huber.
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/16708

Sounds interesting. Any of you fellas had any pre-releases and might want to offer some insights?

Dan

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Sounds tasty. I'm a fan of the regular Four Kicks line so I'll definitely have to give these a shot if I see em.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Love the Crowned Heads story and the Four Kicks.....Looking forward to trying these when they hit the shelves. :thumbsup:

Anyone seen the Headly Grange out and about yet or is it still too early?

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
Haven't seen headley grange yet, I have a number of shops in Chicago that will carry it and have been in contact with one. Jon and Mike from Crowned Heads usually keep us up to date via twitter, and would let us know when they drop. Last I knew they were waiting on packaging from the printer. Hopefully soon!!!!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Looking forward to these! I love the Four Kicks, and I've been really into the Short Run 2012 and Elencos lately as well. EPC knows his stuff!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Now this sounds interesting. I have tried like heck to get into the regular line but there is just not enough going on in them for me. The mule on the other hand sounds like its gonna have some pop.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Looks like headley grange is only a matter of time away... Gettin all dressed up for the dance!!!

View attachment 25881
Been waiting for over a month for theses guys release date; called the sales rep yesterday morning and obviously as told by the pic they haven't left the Dominican yet.... Anticipation is killing me. Had three at the show and want to see how they are coming along.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just to clarify...that photo that I posted from the factory this week was of Mule Kick cigars resting in the aging room.

We had a very productive week at La Alianza with Ernesto. We spot-checked Headley Grange and came to the agreement that the cigars need another 1-2 weeks to sit. There's a particular tobacco in the filler that is very moist and requires additional time for the humidity to dissipate. I know everyone's been waiting for HG; however, the cigars need to be /right/ before we ship.

We are on track for Four Kicks Mule Kick (LE 2012) to ship next month.

Best,

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update!

I had my first four kicks the other day and was blown away by it. Will definitely be checking for both new releases from you guys. Thanks for the great smokes.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just to clarify...that photo that I posted from the factory this week was of Mule Kick cigars resting in the aging room.

We had a very productive week at La Alianza with Ernesto. We spot-checked Headley Grange and came to the agreement that the cigars need another 1-2 weeks to sit. There's a particular tobacco in the filler that is very moist and requires additional time for the humidity to dissipate. I know everyone's been waiting for HG; however, the cigars need to be /right/ before we ship.

Best,

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
I love the communication we get here on BOTL. Thanks for the update on both of these sticks. I'm sure the wait will be worth it for each :)

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0

Best,

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
We really appreciate the update John....Can't wait for the Mule Kick and HG to hit the shelves!

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup: