What's new

Franks Redhot Buffalo Wing Sauce

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
that could definately work!

my best friends parents asked me to house/dog sit for them that weekend as they go visit family in NC, so I'll literally probably be sitting there with NOTHING to do!

oh, and I love a good fuente!
Cool, maybe they'll hand out some Opus' or something, probably not, but maybe at least Hemingway's.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Buffalo Wings like Hooter's
Prep. Time: 1:45
Serves: 4
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
20 chicken wing segments
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup Frank’s red hot sauce

-In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and peppers.
-Coat chicken entirely in the flour mixture; refrigerate coated wings for 1 hour; coat chicken again with remaining flour mixture.
-In a 2-quart saucepan, heat butter and hot sauce just until butter melts; turn heat to low and keep warm on stove top.
-Deep-fry chicken, 8 - 10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree oil for 13 minutes, turning once or twice.
-Drain chicken on paper towels for 30 seconds, then immediately toss fried chicken in buffalo sauce mixture and remove with a slotted spoon.
-Repeat with remaining chicken.
Adjusting the spiciness of the sauce: As is, the recipe produces a medium sauce. To change the amount of spiciness, simply adjust the butter-to-hot sauce ratio:
Mild: Use 3/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup hot sauce.
Hot: Use 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup hot sauce.

Enjoy!

Jeff

adodson

linux geek
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to make some soon. I do love Frank's, and I do love Hooter's buff chix sand (3 Mile Island!).

I also love the Srirachi sauce, too. I use it on lots of stuff. Because of the artwork on the bottle, I have grown accustomed to calling it roostershire sauce.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to make some soon. I do love Frank's, and I do love Hooter's buff chix sand (3 Mile Island!).

I also love the Srirachi sauce, too. I use it on lots of stuff. Because of the artwork on the bottle, I have grown accustomed to calling it roostershire sauce.
Hi,

No problem for the recipe. My son loves the chicken wings made like this and it is the closest I have discovered that is like Hooter's.

The other sauce, Sirachi (sp?) is hot. I have used it on sushi.

Jeff

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
man...noone goes to Hooters for wings!

Jeff, you want some real wings...let me know if you ever make it to Buffalo...I'll get you some real wings! (maybe a cigar or two as well!)
Hi Josh,

Thanks for the invite. I was up that way back in '94 for a convention in Buffalo. Got to go to some great microbreweries and of course wing restaurants.

Met Lou Alessi (holster maker) up there. Of course we hopped over into CA for some nightly pleasure.:yes:

Jeff

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Buffalo Wings like Hooter's
Prep. Time: 1:45
Serves: 4
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
20 chicken wing segments
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup Frank’s red hot sauce

-In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and peppers.
-Coat chicken entirely in the flour mixture; refrigerate coated wings for 1 hour; coat chicken again with remaining flour mixture.
-In a 2-quart saucepan, heat butter and hot sauce just until butter melts; turn heat to low and keep warm on stove top.
-Deep-fry chicken, 8 - 10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree oil for 13 minutes, turning once or twice.
-Drain chicken on paper towels for 30 seconds, then immediately toss fried chicken in buffalo sauce mixture and remove with a slotted spoon.
-Repeat with remaining chicken.
Adjusting the spiciness of the sauce: As is, the recipe produces a medium sauce. To change the amount of spiciness, simply adjust the butter-to-hot sauce ratio:
Mild: Use 3/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup hot sauce.
Hot: Use 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup hot sauce.

Enjoy!

Jeff
Ha...ran out and grabbed some wings, and I always have Frank's lying around.

Used butter instead of margarine and made a 3:1 ratio since I like it hot. Still not hot enough, so I added some Tabasco :grin:

Otherwise I'm following the recipe to a tee, should be ready to fry in 30 min :thumbsup:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0

Used butter instead of margarine and made a 3:1 ratio since I like it hot. Still not hot enough, so I added some Tabasco :grin:

Otherwise I'm following the recipe to a tee, should be ready to fry in 30 min :thumbsup:
i'LL BE RIGHT OVER. :glassesgr

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

So how were they? Inquiring minds want to know!

I have played around with the recipe alittle. Tried butter, diff. hot sauces, etc. Franks works the best.

Jeff