What's new

Freakin Hot!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I've noticed less posts in the todays smoke threads, just wondering how the rest of you are coping with summer heat.:lookaroun

There has been a decline in my attemps to the porch for a cigar lately due to heat/humidity and the fact that I'm on 2nd shift now. I miss being able to go out on the porch after the kids have gone to bed and light up a cigar.

My last trip outside, a bead of sweat rolled off my brow and damn near hit my cigar. I guess I'll have to switch to the purito or club level cigar until fall hits...or just resign to just having a "sunday night cigar" only.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 108 in Sacramento today. Since I am not allowed to smoke in the house, I had to brave the heat to smoke a cigarette.

Screw that, I think I am going to buy the nicotine patches untill it cools off a bit.

Cigars are smoked at night after dinner. So it's a bit cooler, and with the mister sysytem I have put up it is quite tolerable.

I hate heat.....

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Yea I'm getting about 1-2 cigars a week. It all depends on the job we go to and if the building has a/c or not.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Still smoking !

Its been 90+ and humid as hell here. But thanks to the finished basement the cigars are kept at optimal storage conditions and the garage seems cooler. So cigars get smoked in there and in the A.C car with the window down a bit.

Smaller cigars like PCs have been perishing rather than mt usuall big torps.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm an outdoor smoker. Sticking to the smaller smokes and usually early in the morning with a cup of coffee (mostly on the weekends as I don't really have the time on weekdays). Hundreds during the day - finally cools off to low/mid eighties by around 6 or 7 in the morning. Last night at 10:00 pm, it was still hovering around 100. Too hot to really kick back and enjoy it.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Yes, this crazy heat has put a damper on my evening smoking out on the deck...not to mention the humidity and the burn issues that can create.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's still fairly mild around here comparatively speaking. The hot temps mean I smoke more because I'm outside doing a BBQ keeping the inside temp down.

J

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
mitchthephoneman said:
I just went to the store for Milk, Bread & Eggs..........
By the time I got home, the eggs were hard-boiled in their shell, the bread turned to toast and the milk turned sour........
That's a good one Mitch.

Even my pool is upper 80 degrees almost 90 now, so it is little relief. I just keep the ceiling fans on upstairs at night and use the basement more in the house. Smoking mostly in the car still, just now smaller crack in the window and using A/C more often. My recent burn issues SUCK as well.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have no window A/C unit at the moment, its 90 degrees inside and gross. Going outside for a smoke is actually not so bad, at leas theres fresh air.

Sean9689

Mr. Papagiorgio
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Pretty bad in STL as well. Not "outside smoking" weather at all right now. Suppose to be near 100 degrees all week and probably the rest of the summer into early Sept., who knows.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Hot during the day here. Gets up to 85 -90%. But cools right down to the 70's as soon as the sun goes down and the ocean breeze kicks in. My lounge was built out of the third bay in my garage so I can fully open the door and wave at the people walking their dogs while watching the tube.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Headbanger said:
... Smoking mostly in the car still, just now smaller crack in the window and using A/C more often...
Me too, but only in the AM. It is so hot in the PM that letting the fresh air through the A/C overwhelms the cooling, and you can't put the A/C on recirculate while smoking without stinking up the car. :angerhead So, I'm not smoking after about 8:00 in the morning til the heat breaks.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Been smokin' every night. With temps in the 90s during the day, it cools down to the upper 70s to lower 80s after sundown.... just stayin' away from the port and heavier scotches... baccardi 8 otr or wheat beer...