What's new

Free Cigar Aficionado subscription for one year

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Their ratings are totally pathetic so you have to just look at the pretty pictures. Really, I've never seen them score a stick lower than 85 and that's just asinine. It's like you get 75 points for it being made of something at least resembling tobacco, 5 points for rolling it in to some kind of cylindrical shape, and 5 more for slapping a band on it. There are only really ~10 points up for grabs.

As for the 60rg thing, it's a huge trend right now (unfortunately), but for every guy that walks in and buys a handful of those things at least it leaves more cigars available for me in the sizes I prefer. I completely understand why they would make a category for that - especially since I'm sure there's at least some tie between their review department and their advertising department.

Just my 0.02
At the same time I have never see short filler, bundle, or other crap sticks reviewed.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
but you can't tell me in all the cigars you've smoked there haven't been at least some that you'd score lower than 80

I don't think I've ever seen that in CA. I'm not saying they have to start crushing sticks by rating them in the 20's etc, but I know I've had a few that would have a hard time breaking 50/60 over the years, yet to CA they are a solid 85.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I just filled out the survey (it was about ice cream) and ordered my free CA subscription. The only glitch is that the site kept telling me that my city,state, and zip information did not match. I was perplexed until I realized that it didn't like abbreviations in my address. Other than that it went smoothly.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0