What's new

Freinds and Cigars?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Was that the one that I included in our trade? If so, then Booooooooooooooooooooo I know a couple of :ninja:
Yeah it was, I was opening the box, and he's looking at them and asked if we could light a couple up, and he was looking at the six other cigars you sent. And I'm like well you might like this one better. So he grabbed the CAO gold cause it was the lightest cigar in the bunch. Oh well what are you going to do. But bro it was a really good cigar, since he only smoked it for 5 minutes. Thanks again for the package, yours should be out tomorrow too.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I found myself in a similair position and I will tell you how I handled it. I always go to my moms for dinner on Thursday nights. Soon after I started smoking cigars, I would always bring over two cigars for after dinner. One for me, one for mom's new b-friend. I brought everything from Fuente 858, Opus X, VSG's to Cubans such as Siglo VI. In the beginning I didn't mind, but just liked the company and figured it was a good way to get to know him. He really enjoyed the cigars also and said so on many occasions. I did this for 6 months + before I began to wonder why he never started to go and pick up some on his own. You know, I understood that I started the herf, but at some point a little reciprocation should happen. I don't mean tit for tat either and in fact I would never expect that. I figured here's a guy that's retired, drawing two pensions, and there's no reason why one Thurs out of the month he can't pick us up a couple. Well, I quit bringing the cigars and just told him I wasn't smoking as much anymore. The man never has gotten the hint and we don't smoke together anymore. Donk, some people just don't get it buddy. :smokingme

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
So true, But he isn't a big smoker so I will probably just keep a couple of his typeof sticks on hand. He smokes one once oh every 3 months or so. So there won't be any big problem for me. Thanks for all the good thoughts guys.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, I went out with friends to watch the tourney games on Friday afternoon. Brought them some curly heads and Vegas golds to smoke.... they were a big hit :grin:

Quadry

Master Shake
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I agree with everyone on that if he is truly a friend he will not get upset. I would want someone to tell me, that way I could change. I am sure he would not do this if he knew it was not kosher.

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
Yeah it was, I was opening the box, and he's looking at them and asked if we could light a couple up, and he was looking at the six other cigars you sent. And I'm like well you might like this one better. So he grabbed the CAO gold cause it was the lightest cigar in the bunch. Oh well what are you going to do. But bro it was a really good cigar, since he only smoked it for 5 minutes. Thanks again for the package, yours should be out tomorrow too.
:rofl:

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
if it truly bothers you, say something. if you don't say anything, then don't whine about it later (not to imply you're whining :wink: ). there will always be visitors who like the novelty of smoking a cigar. i try to keep a few bundles on hand that i like to smoke: la unica and montesino are my fav's. a good cheap smoke!

jeff

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I think some times we try to project our passion about cigars on others. We get started and we grow in the hobby, try new things, develop out palattes, buy humidors, worry about the temp, humidity etc. It a hobby that can be very, very enjoyable. But it is not for everyone. I have two older brothers and try as I might, I cannot get them interested. I sadly watched my oldest brother take a couple of puffs of a fuente viejo and then dump it. He is just not into cigars. I share my passsion with people that want to learn more and truly enjoy. Its why I keep a variety of cigars. Someone smokes a macanudo and enjoys it, moves up to CAO etc.

Dont project. If he asks politely tell him the truth, "This is a very strong cigar for people that regularly smoke cigars. You wont like it. Try one of these, I think it will be more enjoyable.". 2 cents

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
For me, I always have some bundle cigars that I give out to people who come over for the evening and just want a cigar to have one(I will add the bundles I keep on hand I have smoked these in the past and will some them again as yard gars). I usu bring out a small travel humi when we go outside and if I want special cigar i will already have it in my mouth and sometimes remove the lable. Also I have a friend who comes over sometime and he smokes mild cigars for which I have bought him some to smoke at my house since he does not have a humi. .02