What's new

Fuente @ Holts Wed. & Thurs

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I went last year. It was awesome. Some very rare sticks for sale. Very good time. I think I spent a mortgage payment that day.
Oh man, I would need to sell all of my stock, sell my car, and move into a one room efficiency apartment to afford the kind of cash I would drop at this event. A literal wet-dream for a Fuente slut like myself I am sure. All of you gents who make it to this event, enjoy.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'm hoping they have the Rosado Sun Grown magnums...tough to find otherwise.

Edit - And for anyone planning to spend their whole paycheck, make sure to save some money for next month's Tatuaje event!

Last edited:

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Someone get the lowdown on the whole barn fire deal and what kind of impact it's going to have on the opus supply.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
The event is Thurs - Townsend/ Friday - Downtown.

I can only go Friday night & not sure that I want to ($pend$pend)...
thanks for posting that! not sure why i thought it was wed. thurs...

i really wanted to go tomorrow but now i'm stuck with emergency work... i guess i'm saving money in the long run, but i really wanted some sharks!!

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Someone get the lowdown on the whole barn fire deal and what kind of impact it's going to have on the opus supply.
This was Fuente’s eighth fire in their ninety-nine year history and as such they have developed many manners in how to avoid and contain such incidents. While the majority of the tobacco was filler (and not the more expensive wrapper), the impact is significant. Carlito Fuente said later that production would likely be affected for a year to a year and a half. Carlito has already begun canceling appearances scheduled for later this year.
You have to remember the fire was at raw tobacco warehouse, not an aging room. So, even if there was a significant drop in supply, you won't be able to see it for a while, unless of course, Fuente holds some cigars back to create more of a balance, which is a possibility. If they don't, the impact wouldn't be felt for likely a year, as all Opus are aged for a year after rolling, so the ones that would have been affected by the fire wouldn't have been released until next year.

In addition, the old man keeps the tobacco spread out very evenly, so in the event something like this happens, the hit is a little bit across the board and not extremely devastating to a single line or two.

aroma

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the Townsend Rd. location yesterday.
I was in a hurry and didn't take any pics.

I'm pretty well-stocked with my favorite Fuentes, so I just grabbed a couple of Opus in a vitola I haven't yet tried, and some WOAMs and Hemingway rosados (both were around $6 each). I also got some AF13s and Opus sharks for some west-coast BOTL who asked me to get them for them.

Below is a photo of one each of the sticks I bought, and scans of the "menu".

Last edited:

aroma

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some photos from last year's event at the downtown location. The offerings at Townsend Rd yesterday were pretty much identical.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Looks like the Magnum O's and Love Affairs got cleaned out.

Good thing I was not there, wow.

Thanks for the pics.
The pics appear to be from last year. I'm always on the hunt for mag O's so I wish I hadn't seen this post lol. Plus all the rare stuff like the Rising X and Escorpion. REALLY good thing I didn't make the road trip. G1