What's new

Fuente @ Holts Wed. & Thurs

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I am curious, is the Holts event every year? I went last year although it was in June I think.

If it is a yearly thing, I must start saving now for next year....

aroma

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure it's every year. They also do promotional events with many other brands on an annual basis.

At either of the B&M locations, you can give them your email addr, to get notices about events.

They also publish a paper wall calendar, although I don't know if I've seen one this year.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The event is definitely done every year.

Here is a picture of me and Carlito from just today. Pic 2 is the Casa Fuente I smoked, churchill.

I also bought 2 Anejo sharks, 2 other Anejo vitolas and a box of Rosado Sun Grown Magnums. Unfortunately I bought the box yesterday after the event was over at the NE location, and met with the Fuentes today so I didn't get them to sign my box. Rookie mistake, I'll know better next year. :)

Attachments

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I did ask him about the fire and he was pretty ambiguous about how much was destroyed and which lines were going to be effected, however he did say they were planning on scaling back production until they had the reserves built up again. Again, not much in terms of concrete answers, but at this point he may not even fully know the extent.

Edit - and in addition to the prices you see on the menu, all other non rare Fuentes were buy 3 get 1 free. It was a hell of an event.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Sorry for the multiple posts but I keep reflecting on how many cigars they sold today. I was there for 2 hours and I saw a dozen people walk out with 5+ boxes. All Fuente boxes were either 10% off or get 3 sticks thrown in with each.

All the people buying up the Casa Fuentes were saying they charge 30-40% more for them in Vegas, the only other place they are available.

It must be nice to work there, all of the employees were smoking the CF all day long.

I wish I would have taken a picture of the humidor they were raffling off. Anyone who bought a box got a raffle ticket and it was the nicest damn humidor.

aroma

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... I keep reflecting on how many cigars they sold today. I was there for 2 hours and I saw a dozen people walk out with 5+ boxes. All Fuente boxes were either 10% off or get 3 sticks thrown in with each. ...
Yup. It's impressive. And a lot of those boxes are Opus X, at $300 to $500 per box.