What's new

Game of Thrones

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I find it funny reading people bemoan how slow things are going this season, while I'm excited about how quickly they are chewing through the material. Yes, I'm one of those snobs who read the books before the tv show had even started. Every season before this had pretty much followed a single book, except seasons 2 and 3 were the 2nd book. This season looks like it will go through both books 4 and 5. Book 4 came out in 2005, and book 5 in 2011. You think not much has happened this season? Readers have watched these characters twiddle their thumbs for 10 years now! Heck, even some of the most interesting things to happen this season didn't even occur in the books. Jaime never went to Dorne, Ramsay didn't marry Sansa (she is just chilling at the Eyrie, and he married a girl they are pretending is Sansa), Brienne never found Sansa, and Tyrion is still slowly traveling to meet Dani. They've also scrapped a lot of the stupid subplots involving some boring new characters that were introduced because he's killed off so many of the interesting ones. I'm actually excited to see what they do next season now that they are current with Martin's glacially moving plotlines, and I'm really hoping they don't end this season the way the last book ended.
Would you suggest one read the books? Love the show but it's obvious there's more to the books.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Overall, yes I would recommend the books. They do go into more detail, and there are enough differences to be interesting. I might wait until they all come out though. I think there are another 2 planned. There is just such a long gap between books that I have often forgot a lot of what happened when I go to read the newest one. 5 books since '96 is not really a great pace. The first 3 were some of the best fantasy I've read, but the last 2 have been kind of slow and uneventful. The last one came out just as the tv series started, so I'm hoping that has inspired him to get back on point with the story and finish strong.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This Season is painful to watch....I've seen snails and tortoises sprint faster than this. Character development is usually done in the first Season and then all of the good action comes afterwards but this Season feels like the writers have a mental block and are just writing scripts with 'filler' until they actually get some ideas that propelled this show to what it was during the second and third Seasons.