What's new

Gars, Guns & Gamblin' Herf - July 22, 2006

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The Triple G Herf will be held at my (windowrx) house in Summit Point WV on July 22. The plan is to start here about 9:30 for fresh home roasted coffee and cigars. Towards midday we'll head over to the Isaac Walton League range for some target shooting (and cigars). After noon we'll repair back here for food, drink and, of course, more cigars! Late afternoon or early evening we'll head up to Charles Town Races & Slots to gamble, bet on the horses, eat, drink and, what else, smoke more cigars.

Summit Point is a little over an hour west of Washington DC and 45 minutes south of Frederick MD so it's convenient to you brothers who live in Northern VA and the MD suburbs of DC. All are welcome! Drop in at any point during the day and share in the brotherhood!

A few caveats: IWLA is understandably very safety conscious and prefers to keep the number of people on the range at a manageable number. Depending on the number of interested shooters we have, we many need to go in smaller groups and/or limit the time we are on the range. I'm working on the possibility of another range to shoot at depending on the number of people we have but it's hard to get in their schedule.
It goes without saying that no alcoholic beverages are to be consumed by shooters prior to going to the range.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
It is a good thing that hookers and drugs dont begin with the letter "G".

Then it would be the Gars,guns,gamblin,ghookers and gdrugs herf.

Need all the vices if you are going that far.:hysterica :hysterica :hysterica

Wished I could make it. Sounds like it will awsome.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
God Damnit! Somebody work on making WV and Florida closer to each other, 'k? Really wish I could make it folks, it sounds like an absolute blast.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Oh my, I better write this date down and mark the calander as Steve's day out. I am not a shooter (tho have Boy Scout's rifle and shotgun merit badge and not a bad aim) so if I go, do not require the range time.

ATCDub and Tobby4 should go together, same town and keep company. You guys should make that happen.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Man I'd like to make this but Mom's birthday is the 19th. I'll have to see what is going on.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Wow mapquest just said it's nearly a 9 hour drive. You would think that we would be closer than that. I doubt I'll make that drive but my friend might still want to go. I'll let you know.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
joshua said:
What kinda shootin are you guys doin at this range? Outdoor/indoor or what? Not that I can make it, just curious.
Outdoor. The shooting part will most likely be at the Isaac Walton League. That's one of the reasons I'd like to get a rough idea of how many folks we'll have. They're kind of funny about large groups of shooters/guests coming in at once so we may have to break it down into smaller groups going to the range over a couple sessions. I'm working on a better range but it's private so I don't know if I can pull that off.